bracesport DLG

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
sorry, I was referring to the il-2m3-sturmovik there next to it. if you put a DLG tapered wing on it, It has a very similar look to the U-2 Dragonlady at

bracesport

Legendary member
@Wildthing - @flyboa mostly uses 3 servos (2x aileron and 1x elevator - bank and yank) - this time I will add the rudder servo - my plans and 3D printed fuse for the V2 accommodates 4x5g servos with a longer nose - I will put the aileron servos in this week and show you how they are arranged. :p

I am still using an FSiA6 Rx which is small (but not that small), and I will have a 2c180 lipo and BEC - here are a few pictures to refresh your memory of the DLGv1 (3 servos) - flyboa's setup is lighter than mine, but we will see in the final build-up what we achieve! :cool:

224602_c7399fad28822cd5584420e1edfbc3e7.jpeg
232372_d363092abc6f3a29f21c54be5dc40e24.jpeg
232374_315f8d8ae7ffb2d24b37345bbbd8c332.jpeg

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing - @flyboa mostly uses 3 servos (2x aileron and 1x elevator - bank and yank) - this time I will add the rudder servo - my plans and 3D printed fuse for the V2 accommodates 4x5g servos with a longer nose - I will put the aileron servos in this week and show you how they are arranged. :p

I am still using an FSiA6 Rx which is small (but not that small), and I will have a 2c180 lipo and BEC - here are a few pictures to refresh your memory of the DLGv1 (3 servos) - flyboa's setup is lighter than mine, but we will see in the final build-up what we achieve! :cool:
I think the rx I have is the same size so that might help for me , I haven't ordered a micro rx yet :) . I am going to run 4 servos also , I have decided to flush mount the aileron servos into the wing . I did pick up some of that .012 bead wire and going to see if I can get the pull/spring setup to work. I did cut the ailerons into the wings and they are glued on for now. The wing is just being glued together now and I think I am at 14 degrees total dihedral then I will cover it tomorrow the same as the vertical and horizontal which should give me good strength to hold the wing together plus it will also be the hinges.

mayan

Legendary member

View attachment 137123 View attachment 137124 View attachment 137125
Damn that is one pack nose :).

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing - what I love about you is you don’t muck around! You may need extra nose weight given the servos are in the wing? Did those CF rods turn up yet?

No rods yet :) .

I think I am going to cut out a new vertical and not go with a rudder which will help with the weight. The servos will be just behind the cg mark , put them as far forward as I could right up to the cf strip :).

Wildthing

Legendary member
A little experiment. Not sure about the pull/spring setup yet even though I haven't tried it but I did pick up the .012 bead string and crimps and thought what about a pull/pull setup. So I designed and printed off a 2 sided control horn and used my extra vertical to see how it would work. Physically I would say it will work but it will depend on how I can mount the servo in the fuse .

Still waiting on my arrow shafts to show up :D

2019_0728_130103_001.JPG
2019_0728_130125_002.JPG
2019_0728_130136_003.JPG