bracesport DLG

bracesport

Legendary member
@Wildthing - to span the weak point of the fuse I made these two mating blocks that will fit internally - the shaped one will be glued in first allowing the second one to slide in and mate together - the centre rib will also help improve the strength - it is all a learning curve!

image reduced to 100px

IMG_7725.JPG

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing - to span the weak point of the fuse I made these two mating blocks that will fit internally - the shaped one will be glued in first allowing the second one to slid in and mate together - the centre rib will also help improve the strength - it is all a learning curve!

image reduced to 100px

View attachment 146292
Just the little ribs should add a great amount of strength.

bracesport

Legendary member
@Wildthing - I am still to add the pull string but I think the AUW is 285g (10oz on the nose) - with the battery fitted but not fully forward it is balancing at about 35% of the wing, so I think depending on the glide tests it might need a small amount of weight in the nose (very small) - I am amazed at the difference with these tail feathers compared to last time - the tail is longer, and lighter, so hopefully, the rebuild has been worthwhile! :D

oh, and what was also very cool after the T16 saga with the 'key stuck' error (now fixed) the Rx auto bound as soon as I turned it on (vario functioning and everything) - very very very impressed!

images reduced to 1000px

IMG_7747.JPG
IMG_7746.JPG
IMG_7748.JPG
IMG_7745.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
@Wildthing - I am still to add the pull string but I think the AUW is 285g (10oz on the nose) - with the battery fitted but not fully forward it is balancing at about 35% of the wing, so I think depending on the glide tests it might need a small amount of weight in the nose (very small) - I am amazed at the difference with these tail feathers compared to last time - the tail is longer, and lighter, so hopefully, the rebuild has been worthwhile! :D

oh, and what was also very cool after the T16 saga with the 'key stuck' error (now fixed) the Rx auto bound as soon as I turned it on (vario functioning and everything) - very very very impressed!

images reduced to 1000px

Mine scaled in at 315 gr ready to go.

You could lose a little bit of weight by going to nylon bolts & nuts for the wing.