bracesport DLG

bracesport

Legendary member
Just programmed the Jumper T16 to run on this ship!

Flight modes (rates) - high, med, low
Ailerons and Flaps
Some Reflex and camber on a switch
Snap Flaps (Flaps tied to the Elevator) - a DLG thing
Flaps with Elevator compensation on the throttle stick
Vario and Altitude on Telemetry

bracesport

Legendary member
Finally!

IMG_8503.JPG
IMG_8509.JPG

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
my third outing with the DLG was intended to test my launch mode and trim the CG but unfortunately, on the third launch I broke the tail - after taping it back on it had added a bit of tail weight, so things were not as planned - the launch mode works well, and after some repairs to the tail, it should go well! :D

The launch-mode is 10% up-elevator on switch F which is a two-position switch in the back left corner - I push it back into Launch Mode and bump it forward to exit the mode - works well.

Given I am going to remove and repair the tail, I think I might look at making the ailerons a tad bigger too! 😀

286062_411d79eb6082206b66d9215941a796c5.png
286082_e00b40b38f9f95542c982af8730715f0.png

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
@bracesport watching you fly this really makes me want to build one to fly with my son. Loved the joy in your voice when you caught the plane in your hand. Amazing work buddy, keep it up and keep posting more. Started following your flight log thread today.

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
So talking with my flight mentors the DLG launch modes have some magic in them that I need to review and add to my programming

During the rotate - there is an up elevator preset and a slightly cambered wing (sometimes there may be a need for rudder and/or aileron comp as well - but usually not) - the rotate mode is usually released 1/2 second after it leaves the hand. This is to get the glider to rotate to a 70deg launch pitch ASAP (anytime not spent climbing is lost energy), then the radio transitions automatically to zoom mode.

Zoom mode, this is very much like a classical 'speed mode' - reflexed wing, a couple clicks down elevator trim from cruise mode. This is because the DLG is travelling very fast and doesn't need to produce any (very little amount of lift) - lift=drag - the radio will then automatically leave this mode and transition to the normal flight conditions once it sees more than 20 deg down-elevator (eg the bunt over).

Oh this is going to be a great OTX programming challenge! :D

Last edited:

bracesport

Legendary member
I started the repair/upgrade process this morning - the tail is completely off and ready for some glueing - to enlarge the ailerons I removed half of the aileron depth and have started glueing some FB extension sections that will get reshaped.

EFB6D3C5-E32C-4E85-A86F-D891673B2FA0.jpeg
04D09C89-0A94-43AB-BAD9-B20351D5A9FD.jpeg
BF3A957D-3911-4060-9E4E-227C57CA8A65.jpeg
2DF79243-D652-405B-9334-BACDD89A9759.jpeg

Last edited: