DLG Show

NSsFlyer

Hi Guys, you all make an amazing show. Love to watch it.
I was thinking, no one out there seems to have come up with a good DLG out of DTFB. It is something that I am trying to figure out and I think might be a very fun project. In terms of the plane, I am trying to figure out a short bodied design sort of like the Alula, which is a great little plane in its own right. Might make for a good episode.

Thanks,

Keep up the great work!

Nate Shanklin

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Hi NSsFlyer welcome to the forum! The foam board DLG is a very elusive beast. Many have tried to find it, but few have seen success. Probably the best attempt at a foam board DLG right now is from NerdNic. Check out his thread. There are also many foam board alulas on RCGroups and here. I've built a foam board alula myself and it works better as a slope soarer than glider. The only time I've seen Flitetest with a foam board DLG is at the very beginning of the Glider Challenge video with the simple soarer. So the project is definitely a challenge! If it can be done I and many others will be very happy :p

NSsFlyer

Thank you

Wow, thank you. The nerdnic plane development is impressive. I will definitely keep working on it. Thanks for the quick reply.

Hi NSsFlyer welcome to the forum! The foam board DLG is a very elusive beast. Many have tried to find it, but few have seen success. Probably the best attempt at a foam board DLG right now is from NerdNic. Check out his thread. There are also many foam board alulas on RCGroups and here. I've built a foam board alula myself and it works better as a slope soarer than glider. The only time I've seen Flitetest with a foam board DLG is at the very beginning of the Glider Challenge video with the simple soarer. So the project is definitely a challenge! If it can be done I and many others will be very happy :p