• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DO-335!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
there is nothing little about them, i knew they were big from the photos ive seen, but when i finally stood next to the sole survivor at the air and space museum branch at dulles last week i was blown away. and they are FAST. i have read accounts of P-51 pilots that attempted to intercept and were royally left in its dust. i think the only planes faster than it that saw service in the war were the Me-262 and 163.

from eye-level for me (im 5' 11")

earthsciteach

The Air and Space Museum at Dulles (now Reagan?) Intl is a must see! I prefer it far and away over the Air and Space Museum on the mall. Slightly off topic, but like fwa2500, I was really surprised at the size of this airplane. Huge for a fighter. They have some other cool German WWII planes there, as well. One is a flying wing that is in need of restoration.

If you find yourself in the Washington DC area, go check out the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Museum! (That's the one at Dulles.) Weird name.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
@fenton, r2hobbies also have an ARF version for US$48. I've got a list of planes, of which this is number 4... Will have to wait I guess.

What a cool model! HK have got this as a limited stock item.
I just ordered one of these DO´s, hopping i can squeeze in the e-retracts i have layin around. It looks very cool.
I was glad that HK got those in stock, i was after one of these for quite some time, but here in germany the only sold the older versions, with brushed motors, not to mention for a much higher price then HK i guess i will find out if this thing really rocks :)

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
They got in another 17 today. One of those gone already. With the popularity of this thing, I can't see them keeping it a limited number item. It's a good size for a grab and fly model (you know what I'm talking about...), is unique and sells like hot cakes.