DO-335!

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor

teflyer

Full Circle
Looks like a fun one to fly! I would really like to see a video of this one. Would be really interesting!:)

fwa2500

Ramp Rat
...little birds...

there is nothing little about them, i knew they were big from the photos ive seen, but when i finally stood next to the sole survivor at the air and space museum branch at dulles last week i was blown away. and they are FAST. i have read accounts of P-51 pilots that attempted to intercept and were royally left in its dust. i think the only planes faster than it that saw service in the war were the Me-262 and 163.

from eye-level for me (im 5' 11")
img2892s.jpg

earthsciteach

The Air and Space Museum at Dulles (now Reagan?) Intl is a must see! I prefer it far and away over the Air and Space Museum on the mall. Slightly off topic, but like fwa2500, I was really surprised at the size of this airplane. Huge for a fighter. They have some other cool German WWII planes there, as well. One is a flying wing that is in need of restoration.

If you find yourself in the Washington DC area, go check out the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Museum! (That's the one at Dulles.) Weird name.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
@fenton, r2hobbies also have an ARF version for US$48. I've got a list of planes, of which this is number 4... Will have to wait I guess.

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
Hobbykings is the cheapest PNF by far, plus it comes with a brushless outrunner instead of a geared brushed motor

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Going off the shelves at a decent pace. Started at 30, down to 18 already! I'd love to see one of these in action.

WarbirdFan66

What a cool model! HK have got this as a limited stock item.

I just ordered one of these DO´s, hopping i can squeeze in the e-retracts i have layin around. It looks very cool.
I was glad that HK got those in stock, i was after one of these for quite some time, but here in germany the only sold the older versions, with brushed motors, not to mention for a much higher price then HK i guess i will find out if this thing really rocks :)

earthsciteach

dulles and reagan are difference airports dulles=IAD reagan=DCA

/offtopic, lol

Got it now! Reagan is at Crystal City and Dulles at Chantilly, VA.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
They got in another 17 today. One of those gone already. With the popularity of this thing, I can't see them keeping it a limited number item. It's a good size for a grab and fly model (you know what I'm talking about...), is unique and sells like hot cakes.