Do I have everything I need to get flying?

quorneng

Master member
And you will need stuff to repair it as you will crash - probably several times!
A Hot Glue gun?

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
power supply for that charger? It needs one.

A few spare props. The BIX 3 is a pusher so not as critical but if you break one you will need to get another and they are fairly cheap to add to an order.

Spare servos. You can order the two optional ones for the flaps but have them on hand as spares until you feel you want to make that change. Again, probably won't be a problem but if one goes it's good to have a spare on hand since they are only around $3 for HK

power supply for that charger? It needs one.

A few spare props. The BIX 3 is a pusher so not as critical but if you break one you will need to get another and they are fairly cheap to add to an order.

Spare servos. You can order the two optional ones for the flaps but have them on hand as spares until you feel you want to make that change. Again, probably won't be a problem but if one goes it's good to have a spare on hand since they are only around $3 for HK

I have a power supply that fits the charger :)

I'll add some spare props to the order, and maybe some spare servos. I already have some old 9g servos, but newer ones would be good.

Thanks,
Nikolai

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
You need to look around to make sure but I think 8x4 E should work based on the HK page

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__36246__APC_style_propeller_8x4_E_EU_Warehouse_.html
or
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__42032__APC_Style_Propeller_8x4_2_pc_EU_Warehouse_.html

You don't necessarily need a pusher (RH) prop since in theory if it is set up for that you can just reverse the direction of the motor by switching two of the leads from the ESC. That may require soldering unless they used bullet plugs. However, based on the pictures , I suspect they have it set up to uses regular prop on backwards (lettering facing toward the front of the plane) and the motor turning clockwise looking at the prop end of the motor (note: normally a front facing prop and motor turns ccw)

You might want to get a couple of sizes of prop in that general range just to try but read around to see what.