Do I have the right battery for my motor/esc set-up?

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
As far as the ESCs and motors are concerned you should be fine .Provided you are using the recommended props you should not draw enough current to hurt the motors or ESCs. Then the only question is can the plane fly with this 13 oz battery.

DamoRC

dayve

That should work just fine. It is very stable and has tons of lift. I fly mine with one or two 2200mAh 3S packs. Those are 5 oz. each. I don't even change the battery position to correct the center of gravity when I do that. It will handle another 3 oz. just fine. Are you using something like a 9x4.5 or 10x5 prop? That would be my first guess for what to use on your setup. I fly those on a pair of 1000kv 2212 motors.

:eek:
Edit: OK, I've had a long week. You're talking Guinea Pig, and I'm talking about my Sea Duck. The weight, wingspan, recommended setup, etc. is fairly similar for those two, so my overall statement still stands. Based on the things I've seen Guinea Pigs carry in various videos, it should handle your battery just fine. The specs state that even a 5000mAh 3S would be fine.

Last edited: