Do I need the Phoenix Disk

davidkdk

If I get the 22-in-1 package (mainly for the cables)... and I've recently downloaded all the Phoenix files (up to version 6) then do I need the CD that comes with the 22-in-1 package?
I'd rather not use it... being afraid of viruses etc. Even if the CD is totally clean... do I need it? Thanks.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
You will need to install the application for the 22-in-1 dongle. Mine was a new one which has no physical switch and the application is needed to set the dongle to act like a Phoenix one, or a RealFlight one etc...

d8veh

Elite member
My disk was completely free of malware. I only gave the warning to remind you of best practice. As Caroline says, you can't avoid installing the driver for the dongle.

d8veh

Elite member
Get a friend to copy the files from the CD to a memory stick/card. You can simply copy and paste them, then install them from the memory stick/card.

davidkdk

At home I have a bunch of CD players to access... but I'm going to be on my own in Florida for a few months. I may have to buy a cd player just for Phoenix.

davidkdk

B&H has a bunch of CD/DVD Drives for under $30... so I'll do that. Too funny... haven't needed a cd drive in so many years.

davidkdk

You will need to install the application for the 22-in-1 dongle. Mine was a new one which has no physical switch and the application is needed to set the dongle to act like a Phoenix one, or a RealFlight one etc...
Caroline... do you have a link to where you got your 22-in-1? Thanks.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I would not be surprised if the version you get doesn't have a switch. Mine still has a slot for where the switch would be and the holes in the PCB where it would have been soldered.
Good luck!
Caroline :)

davidkdk

Agreed... I'll just have to close my eyes and click... then see what I get (very much like I'll probably be flying). Thanks.