Do Mix Rudder to Aileron

GRW3

If you are an experienced 4ch+ flyer and actively use rudder, be sure to mix it to aileron on your 3ch birds. This assumes you use the normal 3ch setup that calls for the rudder to be on the aileron stick. If you fly the rudder like I do, when you move to a 3ch plane you will still find yourself grabbing for it. So, just mix the rudder to the aileron.

I reminded myself of this over the weekend. I was flying one of those Horizon 3ch Cubs. I fly a lot of rudder at low speeds, like on approach. I was doing some very tight touch and goes and on one of the first the plane started to drift toward me, regardless of how much RUDDER I applied! Finally sensing my error I used the aileron stick to move it away. I mixed it for subsequent flights.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
hehe This sounds exactly like me trying to fly fixed wing after flying quads so much. No matter HOW hard I pushed the rudder stick NOTHING happens. By the time I realize what is going on I am already in the dirt. I am solving this now and building an FT3D so I have all four channels to work with. Once I can fly that around I will go back to the SE5 and solve the servo issues I am having and fly Rudder / elevator. Then after that go back to the Baby Baron and try bank n yank again. I just wanna get a fixed wing in the air for more then 30 seconds to a minute. That is my goal for spring flights.