Do Range Test! Don't ignore the weak result and fly anyways!!!

oatman

One of those ... "well, I probably shouldn't, but what the heck it will probably be fine ..." moments.

So when your range check fails on one or more orientations (I do front then aft then right side then left side when I have not 'buddy' if I do then he/she turns it about while I work the sticks ... hey! keep it out of the gutter!)

anyways to the left side I was only getting about 20 or 22 meters out of the 30 meters before the signal showed holds and drops and such ... the other orientations were ok ... I spent 45 minutes working the wires and playing with the placement and orientation of the antenna and Rx and such ... couldn't get it...

My first ever scratch build and I just couldn't wait any longer... what the heck!

Heck indeed.

DO YOUR RANGE TEST .... AND HEED THE RESULT!!!!!!! :)

Before!!!

AFTER 2 min of trimming and an ill advised turn toward the weak signal side ...

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
That will just buff right out...:cool:

Is anything beyond repair besides the foam? and did you figure out why you were getting a dead zone on that side?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
'tis merely a scratch!

She won't look as pretty, but tape and glue and she could be back in the air in no time! if she earns her colors, might I suggest green with stitches and bolts to hold the head on ;)

oatman

'tis merely a scratch!

She won't look as pretty, but tape and glue and she could be back in the air in no time! if she earns her colors, might I suggest green with stitches and bolts to hold the head on ;)

Thought about it for half a sec, but already half way through an FT-Spitfire build. £10 for two more sheets of foam and having done one build it is going much faster and easier ... I just have so little time for it. I figured not much more effort starting over versus repair and I won't have to worry over structural integrity and sorting out surprises.... Besides I'll have a fresh new plane to kill!

Luckily only foam was damaged. Other than cleaning the mud and grit out of the motor and making a new ply mount for the power pod all electrics, servos, linkages, etc are all good to go. I'll make sure I sort the wire runs and tie everything nice and neat this time to have the least chance of signal interference.

Thanks to all for the support.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
As a beginner I think you need a new prop. Everything else looks just like my first scratch build.