Do they sell a FRSKY module you can put in a DX8?

jdawson

A friend of mine has a DX8 and he wants to get into some of the drones that come with FRSKY receivers.

I see lots of ways to add spectrum modules to FRSKY radios but haven't seen many where you add a FRSKY module to a spectrum radio.

FDS

Elite member
The Spektrum doesn’t have a module bay like OpenTX radios, they want you to stay in their ecosystem not use other peoples. You will have to find a pre made with DSMX or fit a DSMX receiver to any quad you build. They helpfully have a different channel order as well, Spektrum is TAER, OpenTX is AETR.
Alternatively you can sell the DX8 and get something like a Jumper T16 or Taranis with more channels and a multi protocol module (included in the T16, an extra on the Taranis) then you can fly anything you like.
If you stay with Spektrum the tuning and set up of things like endpoints and channel settings etc will be different to most videos, since the majority of quad builders use OpenTX, so you might find it harder to get information. It will fly pretty much the same on either, a standard Taranis hasn’t got any more range than Spektrum or better gimbals etc.

Bricks

Master member
I am seeing more and more quads with the choice of DSMX or FrySky, as FDS said the receiver can be changed out with a 4849T or 4849 if you do not want telemetry. Betaflight is getting much much better with information on Spektrum for setup, not much different then OpenTransmitter just make sure and change the channel order as FDS and check throttle end points.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I am seeing more and more quads with the choice of DSMX or FrySky, as FDS said the receiver can be changed out with a 4849T or 4849 if you do not want telemetry. Betaflight is getting much much better with information on Spektrum for setup, not much different then OpenTransmitter just make sure and change the channel order as FDS and check throttle end points.

Betaflight's got a drop down to set the channels, if I remember correctly; all you should have to do is pull it down to select the appropriate output. :)