Do you share Flite Test?

Do you share Flite Test?

• Total voters

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
With who, and how and why?

I'll let you in on a little secret, I'm a bit of a Flite Test fan.

I have the t-shirts, I've had stickers printed up so I could give them away, I use the videos when trying to explain subjects online that they've covered on the show. :D

While flying I am asked how to get into the hobby, where to buy planes, and how do you learn to fly. I give these people the links to the Flite Test site and forum. Sometimes online questions come up about topics that had been covered in previous episodes, so I use links to those shows to help answer the questions.

I've even been known to break out the smart phone and show videos to friends and coworkers.

It's a great tool! The shows teach while being entertaining. I find the hosts to be perfect for the new pilot, because they're real pilots. They're the kind of guy you might befriend at the local field. Someone you can rib about their crash, or they would do the same to you about yours. They're not the guy you might get to see from the crowd at a flying event. And of course, the filming is high quality, and the production is top notch.

So, to answer my own question, yeah, I share Flite Test, am I the only one?

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
I don't know many people who would be interested in it....in fact, I don't really know very many people(In real life, that is)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
You need to get out more! :D

I forgot to add my constant posting on my Facebook page. Forcing anyone who sees my posts to be exposed to FT at least a little. :)

wadsie

i share flite test with my dad and friends wich all enjoy watching it even though their not into rc but the enjoy the comedy

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I personally don´t have many to talk to about rc but nevertheless I like most of all the upcoming status´s or pictures uploaded on facebook :)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, and as they create more episodes that are beginner topic specific, it's easier to answer such questions with just links to the shows.

And the original poster is happy. Hopefully his first flights will be better for it.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I tell everyone and in fact have a number of people at working interesting in getting into RC which I point to FliteTest. I've also been thinking of making simple little cards with the flitetest web address which I can carry in my Flight box for when we get people ask us about the hobby.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
I share as often as I can and now when my friends and family see me reach for the mouse....They scarper and I hear groans of
here we go again

ananas1301

I share as often as I can and now when my friends and family see me reach for the mouse....They scarper and I hear groans of
here we go again

Same Thing with my Little Brother!!! He is into Models like me but he immediately leaves my Room when i say: Hey let me just Show you this

Klonas

I surely tell the guys that fly RC about flitetest... I think they want me to shut up though... :(
Edit: I'm now chatting with my friend via skype and I hear the flitetest intro music playing... I think I made him check it out :D

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I had to reply honestly. If I had the possibilities, I would share it with everyone! The main problem for me is that everyone here doesn't speak spanish... They also have never heard of RC planes. I have shared flitetest with my mom and a couple of friends, the latter just wonder if I don't have anything better to do...

My mom's favorite episode (out of the 8 she has seen) is the Flying Cow episode!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I might have another convert. A gentleman working on the entry gate told me his kids were interested in rc flying. I gave him my email, the Flite Test website, and told him to contact me with any questions.

ananas1301

I might have another convert. A gentleman working on the entry gate told me his kids were interested in rc flying. I gave him my email, the Flite Test website, and told him to contact me with any questions.

That is definitely the way to do it! You´re helping every one with that. new coming into the hobby means overall more people being able to fly with other people which is always better then going to fly alone!