Solved Does 60C gives you more time on a 15 to 20C plane?

Innaviation

Hmm, 35c compared to 60c shouldn't give you more flight time but it will allow you to push the throttle a little harder and fly a little faster

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
It shouldn't, because C-rating is more for a quick punch, that's why Quads and EDF's need high C-rating batteries. It won't increase flight time, and keep in mind, when comparing 2 different brands, C-rating is useless because they don't use the same measurements.

alejo048814

It shouldn't, because C-rating is more for a quick punch, that's why Quads and EDF's need high C-rating batteries. It won't increase flight time, and keep in mind, when comparing 2 different brands, C-rating is useless because they don't use the same measurements.
And weight more? And you gain absolutely nothing?

Innaviation

In a cub S+ that only consumes certain low amount? 15-20-25? Applies too?
Even thought the cub S+ consumes less than 60c having a battery running 60c will only allow you co consume more of the battery quicker. So if you don't use the full 60c the battery has to offer it will really just act like a 35c battery but when you want the power, the 60c battery can give out a bit more power than a 35c

In short, a higher c rated battery won't give you longer flight time it will just allow you to go faster

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
And weight more? And you gain absolutely nothing?
If you are flying a trainer style prop plane, anything over 25c should be fine. However, if you plan on bush flying, 3d, speed runs, or really any really energetic flight, higher C batteries are slightly better. The weight is often negligible.

alejo048814

Even thought the cub S+ consumes less than 60c having a battery running 60c will only allow you co consume more of the battery quicker. So if you don't use the full 60c the battery has to offer it will really just act like a 35c battery but when you want the power, the 60c battery can give out a bit more power than a 35c

In short, a higher c rated battery won't give you longer flight time it will just allow you to go faster
Thank you man

alejo048814

If you are flying a trainer style prop plane, anything over 25c should be fine. However, if you plan on bush flying, 3d, speed runs, or really any really energetic flight, higher C batteries are slightly better. The weight is often negligible.
And yeah the cub instantly attracted me cuz it has big capabilitiesand saw it on youtube much well explained by the saylors and the real one has me now too, and yes it's nices so if the plan is to learn to lift it almos anywhere, that's what exites me Most, the bushh flying And floats, and assistance and the floatyness.
I'm starting to breed into pilot i think jaja to get one of those on floats