Does any one know any decent 250-350mm racing quad frames with Carbon Tube arm?

Robbie

Hey Guys,

Since my night hawk broke i have been desperate to find a new mini quad frame but all the normal H quads have boring and inoficent plate arms. I was wondering if any any one knew of any racing quads which had tube arms?

Thanks,
Robbie

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Rakon Heli has a few good kits with tube arms for brushless quads all the way down to 135mm . . . although you probably want to stop at their 250 frame ;)

Robbie

Rakon Heli has a few good kits with tube arms for brushless quads all the way down to 135mm . . . although you probably want to stop at their 250 frame ;)

Thanks, i have had a quick look i don't think it can take 6" props or fpv equipment and a 4S battery which is a pain.

But thank you for the suggestion :)

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
I think just about everything I've seen with tubular arms looks a little on the heavy side.

Komodo
TiltR
Havok (This one is also quite a bit larger than you are looking for.)

Robbie

Thanks guys!

I am seriously thinking about the Tilt R also i am thought about canibilising vortex spare parts to make a frame or putting tubes through a zmr using clamps and speicalist motor mounts.

If i were to go the Canibalise root, can you guys think of any good frames which would be easy to mod?

DiveBombRC

Longer arms for Vortex

Thanks guys!

I am seriously thinking about the Tilt R also i am thought about canibilising vortex spare parts to make a frame or putting tubes through a zmr using clamps and speicalist motor mounts.

If i were to go the Canibalise root, can you guys think of any good frames which would be easy to mod?

What if you just got longer arms for the vortex? I would like to see that.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
There's also the upcoming Versacopter which can use both square and round booms. I'm not sure how heavy it is or if the built in PDB accepts 4s though. I know you like to push the limits of your machines so durability is also a question when comparing it to solid CF frames.

Robbie

I have ordered a ZMR becasue i know it will work, i still might get a more expensive frame later on but at the moment i jsut need something to stay in the air.

Ocean and I have been drawing up plans to mod the ZMR so that it can take tube arms (probably about 12mm).

When it arrives i will measure up and work out if its possible. If it is I will do it and post the build up for you guys. :)