Does anyone know the power connector of this battery?

FDS

Elite member
That is a two pin JST connector. Simply swap it to whichever one you prefer, only cut and solder ONE lead at a time to avoid shorting out the pack.
Also 20C is a bit low discharge for many motors, there’s a better 30 and 40 c version of the same pack. Buy that if it’s in stock.

Thanks a lot. I just asked because my esc doesn't have a connector, so I wanted to know what type of connector I need to solder on if I want to buy the battery.

Also, the motor I'm planning to use is an Emax MT1806, which doesn't need more than 20 amps (20C, 1Ah). Correct me if I'm wrong.

FDS

Elite member
You should always allow plenty of extra capacity so your battery doesn’t have to work hard to meet the load, it will last longer and perform better. Also if you buy a 30 or 40c battery and want to use it in a plane with a bigger motor then you can. Always buy the better discharge rate if it’s possible.
2 pin JST-XH is not rated for loads above 3A, another reason not to buy that pack, you risk melting the connector.
It’s best to pick a connector you like and standardise on that one. I have everything for my planes on XT60, regardless of what connectors it ships with.
The motor you have will draw 10A continuous with some props, agreed 20c is adequate for that motor but aside from the poor connector lower discharge cells will have a shorter life and more limited application vs the better ones which are usually only $1-5 more to buy.

Last edited:
I just looked on a few websites and it's true that JST's can only handle 3 amps. But that's very weird. I mean it's a battery that can continuously deliver 20 amps and 30 amps as a burst current! Why the hell would they put a connector that melts above 3A on a 20A battery? It just makes no sense.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I don't trust JST connections...They're cheap, and easy to get backwards; you can potentially force them and short out whatever you're connecting. If you're going to go with a different connector, I'd recommend an XT-30 for that - it'll handle the smaller gauge wiring and you won't have to worry about the connector potentially melting under load, plus it's an "idiotproof" plug, meaning you can only plug it in the right way, not reversed.