Does anyone know what to do if you brake your dx6i antenna?? Is it fixable or do I need to order a new one?

FDS

Elite member
You can repair it by changing the antenna, it’s unlikely that Spektrum would refurbish it for you as it’s an older model, but the antenna just attaches to the internal board with an IPEX type connector. Those are snap fit. You have to open the TX to get at it, it just pops off.
Video guide-

Last edited:

Tixie games

You can repair it, it’s unlikely that Spektrum would refurbish it for you as it’s an older model, but the antenna just attaches to the internal board with an IPEX type connector. Those are snap fit. You have to open the TX to get at it, it just pops off.
Video guide-

Thanks Ill check it out.

CMS_1961

CMS_1961
Your local hobby store may have one!! If not order from Spektrum/Horizon hobby!! Get two cause some day they may stop having these since the new radios all have the short built in, non-movable antennas!! I keep one on hand for this reason.

Tixie games

Your local hobby store may have one!! If not order from Spektrum/Horizon hobby!! Get two cause some day they may stop having these since the new radios all have the short built in, non-movable antennas!! I keep one on hand for this reason.

Ok I ordered two.
But since my radio is so old I was wondering if it would be a better idea to buy a new radio now since i am going to buy a new radio in the near future anyway. I think that the orange radios are a good deal. They are just 83 €. My friend has one and they seem high qality so I dont really know.

FDS

Elite member
My Orange TX6I has been excellent, and is basically a DX6i with a bigger model memory and DSMX. The EU version doesn’t support DSM2 so if you have lots of DSM2 receivers the International one does both DSM2 and DSMX.
Another option is the Jumper T12, which has a multi protocol module that will do DSMX and DSM2 as well as loads of other ones. It has a virtually unlimited model memory and runs OpenTX which is far less limiting than the proprietary operating system on the TX6I. It’s harder to learn tho.