Does Flite Test Have The Nieuport 24 Design?

CatholicFlyer

22-1-2.jpg

@flitetest can you do design if you don't have it yet? this thing flew like a dream in it's day, be awesome to see how it flies as a RC Plane.

varg

Build cheap, crash cheap
Why not try your hand at it? Download inkscape, learn how to use it, watch some tutorials on making plans for foamboard planes. It isn't a very complex plane, and the design of the FT DR1 is close enough that you can study it to see how a plane like that translates to 2D. The only thing that will give you trouble is CG, that baby will need a lengthened nose or some weight.

CatholicFlyer

Why not try your hand at it? Download inkscape, learn how to use it, watch some tutorials on making plans for foamboard planes. It isn't a very complex plane, and the design of the FT DR1 is close enough that you can study it to see how a plane like that translates to 2D. The only thing that will give you trouble is CG, that baby will need a lengthened nose or some weight.

Working on it, also studying what the Pilot who flew it had to say, Mick Mannock. Thank you @varg

Mark P

I'm working on a Nieuport 17 scale to the FT DR1 that runs off of a 3D printed pneumatic radial engine I'm designing, I have all the measurements graphed out for the wings (even the airfoil and gauges), unfortunately I only know 3D CAD, but if you need measurements to save time I can give them to you (they're basically the same wing shape).