Dollar Tree Foam Airplane Challenge

robschonk

(Yawn...)

Not another one.

Everybody and his dog has built a Dollar Tree Foam Board airplane.

But.........that's not what I said.

Get a 22" Dollar Tree foam glider and convert it to RC!

http://www.dollartree.com/toys-game...Foam-Gliders-22-/210c238c238p300210/index.pro

It could be as simple as a two channel yank and bank glider, or chop off the nose and add a motor and ailerons too!

The vertical stabilizer and wings are a bit thick at the control surfaces, but nothing a little sandpaper wouldn't fix.

And if you skroo it up, you're out a buck.

Watcha think? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 2,155

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Might make a great indoor plane. Might have to try this when I get home this weekend

Last edited:

eagle4

I'm currently in the process of converting an AirHogs Titan chuck glider into a swapable, hopefully FPV platform.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Good luck with the titian, eagle -- you'll need it. just be sure to clip it's wings.

BTW, ya'll looked at the tail alignment on it, awful lot of incidence on the h-stab . . .

eagle4

thanks CraftyDan, i was thinking i could get away with velcro to hold the wings on, or maybe that in conjunction with a verticle bbq skewer going through the fuselage through the wing and out the other side of the fuselage.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
For the titan? if you haven't servo'ed the wing, why bother? friction fit will hold 'em in just fine.