Don't try to be clever, it will end badly!

StuartPB

I've hardly had any fixed wing airtime since I started the process of obtaining my PFAW for commercial multi rotor operation. I have planes sat in the garage that aren't getting used. So I decided today to take my Durafly Retro Junior out for a spin. I took off OK, was doing circuits and figures of 8, nothing fancy. Just to get a feel of the controller and plane again. Then about 15 minutes into the flight I decided to do a low pass. I got myself lined up great and all was well. That was until I went too low and the landing gear snagged the top of a bush. The force ripped the landing gear off and sent the plane into an unrecoverable nose dive. So I ended up with the landing gear yanked off, a broken prop and also the tail wing came off, but with no damage to it. All fixable with glue and a replacement prop. All for trying to be clever!:D

Before:
13346484_10153494375056813_1270253545219816064_n.jpg

After:
13344712_10153494403496813_7992544218322913844_n.jpg

StuartPB

Yeah, but I was still rusty ;) Don't mind the damage, was more bothered that the plane had attracted some watchers. The walk of shame to pick the plane up was long too;)

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Hah, I think I'd have just embraced it and shouted out "just testing my limits!"

Yeah, the walk of shame can be hard. Of late as I practice with an electric soarer, I've been doing a lot of walk of shames. These mostly involve no damage, but nice smooth landings too far away from where I intend. At least I'm getting some aerobic activity in on those flying days!

StuartPB

I heard at least one of the watchers giggling as I picked the plane up, was really trying to think of something witty to say but couldn't, so I just found the quickest way out of there :D I'll fix the Junior up at the weekend and get out next week. One thing I've got to sort is the Mode 1 controller. I hate Mode 1, especially as I'm so used to Mode 2 with the Phantom.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yeah, but I was still rusty ;) Don't mind the damage, was more bothered that the plane had attracted some watchers. The walk of shame to pick the plane up was long too;)

I find if you walk slow enough they get bored and walk away. that way ya don't gotta face em the whole walk back. :p