DR1 150%

DR1 150% 2022-02-20

Please log in to download

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Mr NCT submitted a new resource:

DR1 150% - 36" Wing span highly modified MM DR1 with Shaped Wings and Ailerons

This is version 3 of scaling the FT MM DR1 to 150%. It's made for a Power Pack C and a 2200ma 3s battery. You can build it with folded wings like the Sportster or shape the wings like the master series. I used shaped aluminum tube for the cabanes so that I could conceal the servo wires from the upper wing though you can build with plywood and glue the wires to them. I made the cockpit turtle deck a removable hatch and mounted the receiver tray below it for easy access. The cowl is made...

Read more about this resource...

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Hi Matthew. With the flat wing the ailerons work great. As I mentioned in the description I’m flying it with an Aura 5 light until my flying skills catch up with the airplane. If you’re not flying it with an aura I recommend dual rates and expo because with the flat wing it does not self stabilize.
And to answer your first question, yes you should absolutely build it!

Last edited:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Hi Matthew. With the flat wing the ailerons work great. As I mentioned in the description I’m flying it with anAura 5 light until my flying skills catch up with the airplane. If you’re not flying it with an aura I recommend dual rates and expo because with the flat wing it does not self stabilize.
And to answer your first question, yes you should absolutely build it!
would it work better wit some dihedral??

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
On version #1 I just did a150% version of the MM DR1 with the stock dihedral & wing shape but added ailerons. The ailerons were totally ineffective even when I put them on the middle wing also. On version #2 I went to a straight wing and it flew well so that's where I left it. If you do put some dihedral in I wouldn't give it a lot. Let me know how it works.