Dragonfly frame weight / other questions?

allentweed

Hello FT crew!

Does anyone know the weight of the dragonfly frame? Also what is the spacing of the motor mount holes (standard disk, not tilt mount)? One more question, what is the suggested landing gear setup. (I don't think the supplied gear will work with 2 motors pointing down :)

Thanks,
Allen

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Allen if you look on the store the kit comes with the standard gear. Also you use the standard tri mounting holes and then add the other two booms on the center. the weight is not a factor since you will add your own equipment so that will change the weight

allentweed

Allen if you look on the store the kit comes with the standard gear. Also you use the standard tri mounting holes and then add the other two booms on the center. the weight is not a factor since you will add your own equipment so that will change the weight

Um.... Maybe I wasn't clear. I was really interested in the hole spacing of the motor mounts. You know, the hole spacing where the motors are installed. The new tilt bracket says 16 to 19mm. I guess I could assume the same measurement on the round disks. Also it looks to me like when the motors on the sides are installed pointing down, there will not be enough clearance between the prop and the ground. I can fabricate something but I was just wondering what others had done...

As for the weight, it would be nice to know the total approximate weight of the frame components. That way when I add the weight of all the other components I can calculate all up weight and duration of flight using ecalc.

Thanks for your reply and keep up the good work!

CrashRecovery

Mentor
The mounts have an oval like hole in them, that's why the 16-19mm. Some motors follow a standard x pattern for mounting holes others make two holes I bit farther apart. The distance to the ground is going to depend on what motor you use. With each motor being different heights the landing gear could be taller then what the kit comes with. A neat option is to buy some pvc pipe and cut disks the width of the booms. Grind a flat spot so they don't Rock on your booms

allentweed

In understand. Do you think the new tilt assembly and the standard servo can handle a 4008-18 motor with a 17" prop? I suspect a stronger servo will be needed.

Thanks!

CrashRecovery

Mentor
That's one hell of a setup. Peter has his avroto motors with 15" props. If you watch the video he had to do some upgrades to the setup