DragonFly32 FC Setup

jack10525

Ok I need help with a flight controller setup. I am not sure how to even start. The quad is a versacopter that has been sitting in my closet for over a year. I have a MRM DragonFly32 that I could never get setup. I downloaded most of the popular flight controller configurators: Cleanflight, Bataflight, Baseflight but can't get the fc to connect to any of them. I also cannot find a how to online for this board. I have only plugged the board into the pc and hear it connect but no app will see it to configure. Can someone point me in the direction of a good tutorial?

jack10525

Ok I downloaded the files you liked above. The fc still will not connect to pc through betaflight. Messages states faild to open serial port. I've also tried flashing the firmware but without a connection I am dead in the water.

jack10525

Thank you Sean!!!! So it must have been the cable. I can get the fc to be recognized on the pc through cleanflight but no other app. I can only connect and see the fc represented on the screen. Can't figure out how to do anything else. I assume I need to flash the firmware but it won't.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
To flash you have to be in bootloader mode, this is accomplished by shorting the boot pins while plugging in the USB cable. Note that because this is an F1 based board, the latest versions of Betaflight will not work. I'd recommend using the last 3.1 or sticking with Cleanflight.