Help! Dreading Asking, but we're in really Bad Shape...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoorManRC

Master member
Hello, my newest Friends,
As some of you know, my Wife has been battling Cancer, Stage 3c, for the past 7 Months. Recently, due to a BOTCHED Surgery, she had to have a Stent put in between her Kidney and Bladder. Because of her weakened state, every Surgery is just a little more dangerous...

Right now, I'm just watching her sleep. She's GOING to make it!! We Both have been through so much in the past 6 Years. It started with losing my Parents in 2012, 33 Days apart.
2 Years ago, I lost my 28 year old Daughter, in a horrible collision with a Semi.
Seemingly all of the time in between, one bad thing after another...
We always try to keep the Faith, and stay positive.

Now a new, very pressing disaster.
She has no idea that we're in quite a MESS right now, Financially. All the things that Insurance DOESN'T cover, has just put us in a dire situation...
She CAN'T know right now.

I've thought hard about this. I've Prayed on it. It causes me pain.
I've tried this twice before.... Both times ended in Damage, Pain, and no help. Trying Go-Fund-Me was probably the worst. In 2012, We needed help sending my Father's Body across the Country for burial at Arlington National Cemetery. The Funeral Service was Free. Getting my Parents, and us across the Country, was not.

Go-Fund-Me was embarrassing, we were told to just "get a Job", and before we got buried in a sea of other people needing help, we only got $26.00, and shamed. I had to end up selling my Mustang GT. I loved that Car, but I love my Family and Friends more. So I'm VERY reluctant now.....

I'm going to put this out right here, not making a big deal about it, NO obligation.
IF any of you are in a position to Help us, we need more than I could ask for from any one Person. Bottom Line, we need Money, now. I can't make this Month's Rent!

https://paypal.me/pacbeltrr

I was a GOOD Customer, and have this account that's purely for Donations. No Fees for either Party. Please Help if you can. Maybe pass it on, if you know people who can help.
You ALL have been unbelievably Generous to me! Very welcoming. I'll never forget that. It's making me cringe, but we need your Help - IF you can...
Please don't hate me for asking!

Last edited:

PoorManRC

Master member
I'm dreading that it's getting worse. Still keeping it from her....
Trying to also get a Plane in the Air, because my Wife really wants to see it.
It's just a distraction, really.

If any of you can Help us, with any amount, we can get through this, like we get through everything else.
Link to help is in the above post...

I Wish all of you a Wonderful Holiday Season.
Carmine

PoorManRC

Master member
@Hai-Lee - I'm not asking, I know your situation....
But do you know anyone you could ask, who might be in a position to Help us.
It's so embarrassing to even do this.... but with the Mountain of problems we're dealing with already, being EVICTED would destroy us.
If there's anything you can possibly do, we would be so grateful.

God Bless

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Sadly the only person I could even think of asking is my eldest son and I am currently using every spare penny to help keep him and his family fed and to avoid a similar disaster, (includes my youngest grandson), Being old, impaired, and unemployed is extremely difficult.

There are a number of unfinished build posts on my part awaiting the funds to complete! Wish I could help but I am committed and tapped out!

Good luck!

PoorManRC

Master member
Sadly the only person I could even think of asking is my eldest son and I am currently using every spare penny to help keep him and his family fed and to avoid a similar disaster, (includes my youngest grandson), Being old, impaired, and unemployed is extremely difficult.

There are a number of unfinished build posts on my part awaiting the funds to complete! Wish I could help but I am committed and tapped out!
Good luck!

I hope you didn't think I was asking You.....
I'm already aware of at least some of what you're going through. BELIEVE me, I understand.

I was more hoping that you knew people on the Forum, Who might be able to help Us. We have less than 4 Days until we're late on Rent, and get an enormous late fee....
10 Days after, Eviction. I've never even been CLOSE to an Eviction in my entire life.
The place we're forced in, is literally run by Slum Lords!

At least at the beginning of 2019, our 10 years OVERDUE Military Disability Pay is going up. By a decent amount!

We just have to get through the next few Weeks, and we should be OK. Christmas is going to SUCK... But we have each other, and we're mostly okay. We really just need to take care of Cindi, and kill that Cancer!!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I hope you didn't think I was asking You.....
I'm already aware of at least some of what you're going through. BELIEVE me, I understand.

I was more hoping that you knew people on the Forum, Who might be able to help Us. We have less than 4 Days until we're late on Rent, and get an enormous late fee....
10 Days after, Eviction. I've never even been CLOSE to an Eviction in my entire life.
The place we're forced in, is literally run by Slum Lords!

At least at the beginning of 2019, our 10 years OVERDUE Military Disability Pay is going up. By a decent amount!

We just have to get through the next few Weeks, and we should be OK. Christmas is going to SUCK... But we have each other, and we're mostly okay. We really just need to take care of Cindi, and kill that Cancer!!

Those that send the willing and idealistic to be maimed or killed need to wake up!

My disability is an extreme PTSD type where I am in self defense mode continuously. Apparently I am prone to extreme outbursts when I feel threatened and so not allowed into workplaces. May injure myself or others. I believe I am even on one of the "Watch lists":eek::LOL:.

My eldest son is a struggling alcoholic, my wife and young children departed years ago, (added to the PTSD of course). But I am doing well in my little foxhole making model aircraft and flying them in wide open spaces in the early morning.

The thing if find so unbelievable is that in your country, (possibly the richest in the world), where there are so many billionaires and millionaires that those who defend the country are treated so poorly! Not only that but they are also so tight-fisted and refuse to help those who are in need after giving all to protect their way of life and fortunes. Here, I recently joined as a life member our veterans organisation, (thank you @buzzbomb), AND immediately I was offered all sorts of housing, mental health, and legal assistance, (all free). Our government has started to realize that veterans vote!

I wish that I could help and hope that someone can and will help. I know your journey has a while to go and i hope your path gets easier. Just remember that while there is life there is hope!

Hang in there brother!

kilroy07

Legendary member
As a landlord I know you have at least two months before you can be removed*... And honestly, it's SUCH a pain (at least here in Illinois) that a landlord would be a fool not to be willing to work with you. Have you tried calling them and discussing options with them? It's far better to talk now than when your rent's late. If they are really that bad and inflexible, try getting some assistance through your local HUD;
https://www.va.gov/homeless/housing.asp
(they have programs to help PREVENT you from becoming homeless in the first place, and a guaranteed check is something any landlord appreciates.)

Do you attend church? That and the local county commission were two ways our renter stayed for a couple extra months... making a few phone calls might just give you some peace of mind (especially if you can show that at the end of the year your position will improve.)

Just some ideas, I know what's it is like to have to sell off cherished possessions, but remember, they are just things... Things can be replaced.

*In Illinois, ten days after rent is late the eviction process BEGINS, it most likely needs a notice sent to you that it is late then you have a certain amount of time to respond and get caught up (the clock doesn't start until you have signed for a letter or it was physically handed to you.)
After that, a court date will be set. there are all sorts of ways you can play the delay game in court... (ask me how I know!) It took us nearly 6 months from the first late check till the time we got them evicted... (I guess what I am getting at, is you won't be out on the street by the end of next week... so take a breath and make some calls.)
https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/tenant-defenses-evictions-arizona.html

PoorManRC

Master member
Thanks Tim. I don't feel like we're going to be on the Streets in a Week..... But what this quite Corrupt and powerful Property Management Company gets away with in this Town, is appalling.
They bought out the previous Management, 3 Years ago.

In the past 3 Years, they raised our Rent - first year, $72.00 per MONTH (claiming that they started charging for water and sewer).
Second Year, $50.00 per MONTH!!!
This past Year, another $60.00 per Month!

One person reported them to HUD.... The Agency said they would look into it.
HER Rent went up $100.00 per Month. She of course, couldn't pay, and was eventually Evicted!

Another Neighbor complained about the Bugs..... Which in Arizona, usually isn't a major problem.
Management's response was "If you don't like it, MOVE!"
..... Then they CANCELLED Pesticide Service, except for the mandatory once a Year. We're now SWARMING with Flies, Silverfish and Roaches!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

They have some hold on the City. I've been using what few of my Dad's G-Contacts left can dig up.... THEY can't connect the dots.

I talked to my Pastor. He's helped with Food baskets and things.... But when pressed about what that Company is doing to us, the only Advice I got was.....
"Keep your nose down, keep the Rent current, and don't make waves." I was told to GET OUT as soon as we can afford it, and don't look back!

To stay current, we need to find $422.00 by 3 Dec......
For the record, I HATE being cornered like this!!

Keep the Prayers coming, we need ALL the Help we can get.

........... Sometimes, Arizona IS as bad as the 70's and 80's B Movies portrayed it as. :cautious:
I occasionally miss living in Illinois and Really miss New York.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
PMRC, I can not offer financial help, nor do I know anyone who can. You've got another prayer-brother here, though. My prayers lately have been for my son. Tonight, they are for you and yours.

I don't have any special, direct-line to God or anything, but I've seen the power of prayer work. I believe in God and I believe in prayer.

Stay strong and keep faith strong in your heart. I've heard it said many times that the Lord never puts more on us than we can handle. The problem is, some of us (you) can handle A LOT.

Google every rent, power, food whatever help you can for Tucson, Arizona. Locally, the Salvation Army has a fund to help people like you. Keep on looking and calling, and maybe you'll find a miracle.

As much as two strangers on the internet can be friends, I count you among mine. I am praying for you, my brother.

PoorManRC

Master member
PMRC, I can not offer financial help, nor do I know anyone who can. You've got another prayer-brother here, though. My prayers lately have been for my son. Tonight, they are for you and yours.

I don't have any special, direct-line to God or anything, but I've seen the power of prayer work. I believe in God and I believe in prayer.

Stay strong and keep faith strong in your heart. I've heard it said many times that the Lord never puts more on us than we can handle. The problem is, some of us (you) can handle A LOT.

Google every rent, power, food whatever help you can for Tucson, Arizona. Locally, the Salvation Army has a fund to help people like you. Keep on looking and calling, and maybe you'll find a miracle.

As much as two strangers on the internet can be friends, I count you among mine. I am praying for you, my brother.

Thank You my Friend!!
Had you sent me money - I would have sent it Back, IMMEDIATELY.
We Desperately need the Rent money, QUICK, but I would Never want anyone who needs Help - to help US!

My Prayers will stay with you, your Son, and Family. If He's Deployed, the Prayers will increase!! We both know that it's uglier over there since we were there. We will both keep Him in our Thoughts and Prayers.

...... We're mostly okay with Food, thanks to Food Boxes, and Cindi's street sense and ability to really make food stretch.
The Salvation Army has been pressed, with trying to feed starving Children. We would NEVER take food away from Kids!!

PoorManRC

Master member
THANK YOU to all who have helped to this point!!!

We're almost out of the soup..... It seemed impossible, but we're only $230.00 away from making Rent.

I say "only".... That's still a LOT of money that we're not going to have, until it's way too late.

Once again, if you're ABLE to help us, or maybe know someone who might want to.....

I honestly hate having to humiliate myself.... But I'll do anything for my Family. I hope you can understand.

PoorManRC

Master member
So I contacted my church to see if there was anything they could offer.
While they limit their assistance to members of the church, they did provide two links to agencies in your area who might be of assistance.

http://www.pimacountyhelp.org/Resources.html

https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/tucson_rental_assistance.html

Worth looking into.

ABSOLUTELY Worth looking into! If we're still in the "Soup" in January.... Pimacountyhelp.org is a great resource. Thank You!!
I'll check the Rental Assistance as well ESPECIALLY of those jackasses do another extreme Rate Hike.....

However, thanks to 3 incredible People here..... WE GOT IT!!! (y)(y):)
Even an extra $30.00, to get our Grandkids Christmas Presents!! This IS our Miracle, and we're so Grateful to everyone.

Support, Help, Prayers.... ALL HELPED! We CAN get past this now!
I actually feel like crying....... I'm ecstatic.

Blessings to everyone, all you wonderful People and your Families. May you have a Joyous Season!!!!

Carmine

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
However, thanks to 3 incredible People here..... WE GOT IT!!! (y)(y):)
Even an extra $30.00, to get our Grandkids Christmas Presents!! This IS our Miracle, and we're so Grateful to everyone.

Support, Help, Prayers.... ALL HELPED! We CAN get past this now!
I actually feel like crying....... I'm ecstatic.
I'm with you. I nearly teared up when I read that. Tears of joy. That's a gift all it's own. I'm happy for you PMRC and confident you'll get through this. You've gotten through everything else, right? You got this. :)

PoorManRC

Master member
I'm with you. I nearly teared up when I read that. Tears of joy. That's a gift all it's own. I'm happy for you PMRC and confident you'll get through this. You've gotten through everything else, right? You got this. :)

This was nothing short of a pure Gift!!! Even the DAY before the late fee was attached.
I've been tested for the past 7 years.... I'm still not SURE what I'm being tested FOR, but I'm just taking everything it throws at us!

This time...... I had a LOT of Help from my Friends, and wonderful People that I haven't even met yet! God Bless you all.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
You are not being tested. You got through that long ago. You are being "tried." I've both been tested and tried. You can tell the difference. One is simply extremely painful. The other makes you question your own worth.

You Got This. We cannot know His plan, but we know that He has one. Figuring out what it is? Yeah. Nope. Like you told me: "Stay breathing." We'll figure the rest out.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I take solace from the fact that only those chosen are truly tested. Those who have failed the test do not need further testing! hang in there and have faith!

have fun!

PoorManRC

Master member
@buzzbomb @Hai-Lee
AMEN to BOTH of you!! A little over 2 years ago, I was Tested. Losing my Denise, who was so perfect... That was the ultimate Test.

I got another $20.00 from another amazing individual.
I'm not going to say that I DON'T need it, because although we saved the Roof over our Heads, we're still not bringing in enough until at least Mid January. We still have Cindi's Co-Pays, and might need Food.

But we Both decided, if more comes in, and there isn't an absolute NEED......
We're going to Donate it to Toys for Tots and/or St. Jude's Children's Cancer Center - in My Denise's Name.

She and I used to Work with them, and did Make A Wish, as often as possible. So It's only fair and right, that since we were so Blessed by the Wonderful People here, We should Pay it Forward, as soon as the opportunity arises.

Our Faith in Humanity has been restored, thanks to You!

We Weathered this Storm. I believe that if we make it to January, the long overdue Raise in Disability Pay SHOULD keep us in a more "normal" way of getting on.

kdobson83

Do you still have a need for money for your rent/bills? I don't really have a way to send you help other than PayPal. If you have a PayPal account send me your email address. I love this community and would like to help if still needed.

And on another note, have you heard or tried mushroom supplements to help with the health issues? I have heard great things about mushrooms and the benefits to your immune system. They have been known to help your immune system fight cancer. Not telling you it's a cure-all but it's a viable option you can look into. Look into a scientist named Paul Stamets. He has lots of great videos describing his research into mushrooms and their great benefits on YouTube. Most supplements I've looked into are affordable too.

Anyway, respond to this message or PM me and I'll help what I can if still needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.