Dreams and advice

IcedStorm777

I am starting this thread where you can post about what your dreams are. Advice and constructive criticism are welcomed but please no "that will never happen and it's impossible, give up!". I'll start it off.

So my long term dream is to go to the Air Force Academy and become a pilot. My shorter term goals are:

I am hoping to build a 3d printer business where I custom build and sell 3d printers. I am currently in the design and prototyping part of this as I am building my first printer that will hopefully go on the market. If you are interested in details just ask but I don't want to bore you if you are uninterested. Another one of my shorter term goals is to continue building the tech podcast that my friend and I started to the point where we can make money off of it. (Link can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4_B2wqF3uFT52EDV4FDTuw ). I eventually want to grow the 3d printer business and podcast to the point where I am making enough money to design and build a real airplane. I am currently a sophomore in high school and am hoping to do all of these things (With the exception of going to USAFA) before college. I realize that this probably sounds absurd but I believe in the power of dreams and call me stupid for that but I don't care.

So thats me in a nutshell, what are y'alls dreams?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I have a lot of dreams... First, I want to get a summer internship at NASA during high school (I’m not sure what grade but after I turn 16). I can probably go to jpl since I am also in California, I just need to work very hard for it. I’m thinking that I might want to be a fighter pilot for some time after that, but I’m not sure. I know for sure that I want to work in the aerospace industry after that as a mechanical engineer. Ok, so my longest term goal. I want to one day own enough land to fly my rc planes from the backyard (or maybe full scale planes... my dreams are very big). Yeah, as I just said, my dreams are very big, but I’m still fairly young and I can still try to set myself up for success, so I am going to try my best to reach these goals (especially the last one).

Also, some questions about being in the Air Force, how would my life change if I joined? Also, how often would I come back home and how long would I stay at a time? I’m wondering because I might want to start a family or something in the future and if 10 years is the minimum for being in the Air Force then I might get out too late for it.

So yeah, those are my dreams, and I hope that it was okay for me to ask some questions.

IcedStorm777

I have a lot of dreams... First, I want to get a summer internship at NASA during high school (I’m not sure what grade but after I turn 16). I can probably go to jpl since I am also in California, I just need to work very hard for it. I’m thinking that I might want to be a fighter pilot for some time after that, but I’m not sure. I know for sure that I want to work in the aerospace industry after that as a mechanical engineer. Ok, so my longest term goal. I want to one day own enough land to fly my rc planes from the backyard (or maybe full scale planes... my dreams are very big). Yeah, as I just said, my dreams are very big, but I’m still fairly young and I can still try to set myself up for success, so I am going to try my best to reach these goals (especially the last one).

Also, some questions about being in the Air Force, how would my life change if I joined? Also, how often would I come back home and how long would I stay at a time? I’m wondering because I might want to start a family or something in the future and if 10 years is the minimum for being in the Air Force then I might get out too late for it.

So yeah, those are my dreams, and I hope that it was okay for me to ask some questions.

That's awesome! As far as the questions if you did get a pilot slot from USAFA my understanding is that it is accompanied by a base so you (and possibly your family) would deply their. I am not sure on that question. As far as being in the air force if you do a normal degree minimum is 4 and medical or engineering or piloting is 8 years. That was what I was told last time I took a tour of USAFA. (I live right beside USAFA).

Lol yeah, we were like what could we name it and we knew it had to be something with tech in the name so Josh (We are Co-hosts) was like wait a minute.... And so Daily Dose of Tech was birthed. LOL

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I dream of a perfect world without lawyers politicians or preachers stirring up problems for the rest of us.

Interesting dream... however there will ways people filling said roles... just perhaps will different titles.

There will always be arguments about who did what and who owes what to whom (lawyers)
There will always be people making the rules that the society runs on (politicians)
There will always be people trying to get you to have the same believe systems as they have (preachers)

One of the bigger issues we have right now is that we have people doing this on social media, however they aren't being called out for the same behaviors as the people above (because they aren't carrying the title), but they are doing everything of the above, but without the structure and many times more aggressively.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Interesting dream... however there will ways people filling said roles... just perhaps will different titles.

There will always be arguments about who did what and who owes what to whom (lawyers)
There will always be people making the rules that the society runs on (politicians)
There will always be people trying to get you to have the same believe systems as they have (preachers)

One of the bigger issues we have right now is that we have people doing this on social media, however they aren't being called out for the same behaviors as the people above (because they aren't carrying the title), but they are doing everything of the above, but without the structure and many times more aggressively.
Good point!