Drinkin and Flyin...What do you drink while flying

Fishbonez

Awh you though I was talking about the "ole demom alcohol" didnt ya
Nope, well if you do you do, but what I am getting at is this.
I was out flying this morning and I had a big ole cup of my favorite Java. Yep Folgers French Vanilla coffee with French Vanilla creamer. Yep I like a bit of foo foo in my life. Any way a few flights into the morning and I had finished my coffee I decided it was time to fly my favorite EDF the good "ole Stinger 64" Now the Stinger for me is always an adrenaline rush for me period probably always will be. Anyhow 3 mins in to the flight the coffee hit me. The heart rate zooming, little bit of sweat on the forehead and a shaky leg and an EDF doing 80+ mph coming right for your head. WAHOO!! What a rush! Could barely hang on to the roller coaster ha ha fun. After landing I told myself NO MORE COFFEE!!!! ;) Yea right.
So what do you drink while flying? Monster, energy drinks, or maybe a good beer. Just curiouse...Me coffee or maybe one of them frapacino things from Starbucks

earthsciteach

I don't make a habit of it, but I am known to fly after an adult beverage or two. Usually though, I am under the influence of water or coffee.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
A really well made coffee just before I... well, before I do pretty much anything. I don't need anything fancy in it if it's a good one.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Usually nothing for Thomas and myself because the local park is only 2 minutes away. If we're going on a longer trip then it usually means picking up a couple of Hot Chocolates from McDonalds. If the wife is joining us then it means 2 Lattes and 1 Hot Chocolate :)

SteveOBHave

Since we normally fly either in the evening or first thing in the morning it tends to be a Coffee but mostly just water or a V (Energy drink from New Zealand)

glydr

How many letters do we ge
I don't know lobstermash, all these flavoured coffees. Where I get my coffee in the city they think it strange that anyone would take sugar!

Cappuccino for me, doppio ristretto. More emphasis on the doppio then on the ristretto.

And I have been known to fly a Mcpx in the backyard with a glass of shiraz.

Fishbonez

I'm with you there, glydr. Sugar and flavouring is only for masking the taste of bad coffee.

Some of the best coffe I have had is at the Local Truck Stop tall and cheap. Too much coffee and I am bounsing off the walls like a little kid who just ate a handeful of sugar :cool: Teach i do like a small shot of baileys in my coffee from time to time. I always figured the alcahol would go against the caffein and ruin my bolt o energy :rolleyes:

Fishbonez

I don't know lobstermash, all these flavoured coffees. Where I get my coffee in the city they think it strange that anyone would take sugar!

Cappuccino for me, doppio ristretto. More emphasis on the doppio then on the ristretto.

And I have been known to fly a Mcpx in the backyard with a glass of shiraz.
Had to laugh at this one glydr cuz I could not pronounce any of the last items you described but no sugar in my coffee...LOL thats great

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
This seems interesting...home made Dr Pepper and from texas hmmm we just called it moonshine in my day :cool:

Now you are talking about an entirely different subject. My fuel alcohol still (not for human consumption). :rolleyes:

Thurmond

oagh

I do coffee ! when i fly .I get up at 3 am , for work ,most of the time , Thean at 2 0r 3 when Im flying I DEFINITELY have a cup or 2.when Im with my kids Hot Chocolates ! if its cold out , they like tea too "there half japanes"
Some of theam I fly with drink vodka and so on . I do not ! I dont care for that Buzz.....
So coffee for me, if its hot Iced coffee :eek:
Ps I have nver flew under influence :rolleyes: