Drone wobble, flip and fall down

maxlk

Cranial is talking about the BEC wire, the +5V that runs from the ESC to the FC along with the signal wire - not the main battery voltage wire from the PDB to ESC.

As for Naze alternatives - the KISS FC is probably the most beginner friendly, and almost everyone that I've heard of running them loves them. If you want to stay in the Betaflight family the SPF3 and it's clones are pretty solid. None of the Beataflight boards are any more or less beginner friendly, the firmware is the same and they all wire up essentially the same, just with different labels on the pins really. If you want to maximize your learning potential, Betaflight is the way to go.

So should i remove both positive and negative from esc and leave just the signal wire?

I have placed a order for SPF3 and kiss FC will keep you inform of the progress. Thank you all for your time and help.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Leave the ground wire to prevent ESC fires. Some ESCs like KISS are particularly susceptible. Probably not an issue until you use a lipo.

The +5V has to go when you connect to USB when you power a Naze rev6 from an ESC BEC.

maxlk

Thanks all. So i did as you instructed and mange to calibrate esc's. Also i flashed the board with betaflight. Now its flyable. no flipping or rolling. No issue landing or movie the drone. But still there is a bit of wobble. Nothing comparing to the way it was. So this can be do to PID's? Shall i post my PID's here for you guys to take a look? Thanks for all the help.

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Is the wobble still there if you fly in acro mode (no autolevelling)?

PIDs often cause wobble. Here is my favorite tutorial on how to tune PID.

maxlk

Is the wobble still there if you fly in acro mode (no autolevelling)?

PIDs often cause wobble. Here is my favorite tutorial on how to tune PID.

I didn't try acro as im a newbie. I was only using angle mode. But i will try it and get back to you. Thank you for the video. I will take look and try to adjust my pid's.

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Learn to fly in acro. Angle mode and horizon mode just get in the way of learning to fly. Think of it this way.

You MUST learn to fly in acro mode to tune an F1 board. F4s can run dRonin with autotune. The Naze32 cannot.
You MUST tune to get the copter to respond for you the way you want if you want to do tricks and fly fast.
You MUST tune to get angle mode or horizon mode to work right.

You might as well ditch angle and horizon and learn acro. Once you learn acro, there really isn't any reason to fly in angle or horizon. :)