dropping stuff!

crashman

Not sure this is the correct place for this but, with the F.A.A. clamping down on the RC drone/aircraft hobbies, it seems that it would be prudent not to be showing the world how to "drop" stuff and shoot airlift from models! I know its fun, but I think its a little like aiding the enemy. I know you cannot put the genie back in the bottle but maybe we should be promoting safer activities

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
As long as you don’t break any laws we should keep doing it. New dumb laws will be enacted regardless of how we fly legally already, without our consent and despite our lobbying organisations best (or otherwise) efforts.
We need to have fun safely however we can before it’s impossible to fly anything because the government sold our airspace.
Legal RC flying has ALWAYS been a safe activity!

Last edited:

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
We've got guys at our field that have done candy drops for kids at Halloween, which I don't see as being a bad thing, and we have guys who have done baby powder "bombs" in bomb drops. One of the early FT vids had Peter Sripol dumping water out of the back of an FT Guinea Pig that was painted up to look like one of the planes out of Planes: Fire & Rescue.

Those things, I'm kinda ok with, *IF* they are being done in a safe manner, in a specified location, AND the people out there are aware of it happening. Otherwise, it could be like the WKRP Turkey Drop.

skymaster

Elite member
may its just a hook to see if some one come's out with a way to drop a package for comercial use . naaa just pulling your leg. or you never know.

Captain Video

We've got guys at our field that have done candy drops for kids at Halloween, which I don't see as being a bad thing, and we have guys who have done baby powder "bombs" in bomb drops. One of the early FT vids had Peter Sripol dumping water out of the back of an FT Guinea Pig that was painted up to look like one of the planes out of Planes: Fire & Rescue.

Those things, I'm kinda ok with, *IF* they are being done in a safe manner, in a specified location, AND the people out there are aware of it happening. Otherwise, it could be like the WKRP Turkey Drop.