DT750 Outrunner

saundw

I just got two DT750 Outrunner 750kv motors and I don't know what I want to do with them. Any ideas?

P.S. I'm not trying to copy EarthSciTeach :)

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Hahahah- What did Teach do now ;)

Those motors work great on slo flyers like slow sticks if you put a big enough prop on it.
I used one on a CTH Albatross- works great, real quiet.

Those are also the motors the guys used on the DR1 build if you wanna go scratch...

saundw

Thanks! and Jetpack, you're from Utah? Ever consider getting together with RCTestflight and doing some FPV? He is one of my favorite youtube channels (second to flitetest ;) )

saundw

I would think so colorex ;)
And Rctestflight is from Park City. Also- if you haven't started FPV, you better start! :)

treadd

Uber N00b
I had bought an additional DT700 for my RCExplorer tri-copter build. I ended up building some simple foamies using Experimental Airlines build techniques. Add a 10*8 GWS EP and you should have a nice, easy to fly plane. Since they are scratch builds, its easy to throw a camera on whatever you build for some fpv or non-fpv video recording.

I built a copy of a guys 'Red Hawk'

(You will have to adjust the wing position to get proper CG with the DT750 compared to the motor the guy uses in the video.) If you have two, definitely check out Experimental Airlines on YouTube- there are a few 2 motor drone and heavy hauler build logs.

Last edited:

treadd

Uber N00b
Oh! Had no idea teach was Chris! LOL Very cool! Well, let me say that I maidened a new fuselage and motor combo with your Red Hawk this morning at my local field, and got a direct compliment on the design, as well as two overheard comments from some old timers nearby- Something along the lines of "looks like it flys pretty good". (Which, with me at the controls speaks volumes) I did mention that it was not my design, but didn't want to go too far with trying to explain Experimental Airlines and your Red Hawk youtube vids to a couple of guys who's next question may have been, "Tell me again about the YouTubes? Interwebs? You sure use funny words son."

Two weeks ago was using a spare tricopter DT700 motor, but was a little tail heavy, and after a few crashes the nose and motor mount were not going to make it up in the air again. So the setup for this mornings 'maiden' was a 2200KV motor with 3 deg down angle, 6x4 APC prop, and a 3s 1300. (I also moved the wing back a few inches as another step in CG testing)

Long story short, the thing flew PERFECTLY with NO trim needed. CG was dead on the money, and I could almost close my eyes doing power off landings if I was lined up with the runway. (I added some front gear, tail has a popsicle stick dragger.)

Bottom line, today was the first time since i started flying RC (two months) where I flew through 3 batteries, and not only didn't crash, but didn't even get a slight bend in my gear wire. Great design!

Last edited:

treadd

Uber N00b
Yup I did get confused. I had said I copied this guys design, then you replied with 'I hope by copy me you don't mean..." totally thought it meant you were the guy that I had copied in the vid. Confusion resolved!