dt750 vs T-Motor 2216-12

Freakazoid

Hello everyone,

I am currently using DT750's on my tricopter. Lately I bought Graupner E-Props (9x5), but they didn't work well. Why is this? Are DT750's to weak for those props? David uses T-Motor 2216-12 on his deluxe tricopter. In his article, he doesnt really tell us whether they are more powerful or not. Are they? I have the chance to buy those motors pretty cheap. Thats why I'm asking :)

Thanks

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
The DT750's are relatively high torque, slow spinning motors. You are basically driving down the highway in second gear using those props on those motors. DT750's work best with 11" props with around a 4-5" pitch. I believe those T-Motor 2216-12's are 800KV? If so, you'll want something similar to 1145 props.

ssteve

Look for something similar in size but around a 1100-1400 kv. If you had to have tiger motors they have a 2212 that's 1100kv that would work if your tri isnt too heavy. On a 9x5 prop it sgould be pretty quick compared to the dt750 and a larger low pitch prop, its just not going to have a lot of "power".

Freakazoid

Okay, thanks guys. So I think I stay with my DT750's.

Why does David (rcexplorer) use the 9x5 props and the T-Motor 2216-12 with 800kv? link

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
When you jump to 16.8V (4S) you ideally want to drop the prop size a bit so the current draw stays within acceptable limits for the ESC and motor. Jumping 3V is adding several thousand rpms to the system.

Freakazoid

So would the T-Motor 2216-12 800kv with the Graupner 9x5 e-props be a game changer in comparison to my current setup (DT750s with 9047SF props)? As I understand it from what you guys are saying, It wouldnt make much difference. Am I right?

Last edited:

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
The kV rating is about the same, and the prop size is about the same, so it will probably not make a whole lot of difference. And since you're already running 4s, I wonder what exactly the problem is :confused:

David uses a similar setup for his tricopter and it works well. So what do you mean by 'it doesn't work well'?
Do the DT750's get really hot?

Freakazoid

The kV rating is about the same, and the prop size is about the same, so it will probably not make a whole lot of difference. And since you're already running 4s, I wonder what exactly the problem is :confused:

David uses a similar setup for his tricopter and it works well. So what do you mean by 'it doesn't work well'?
Do the DT750's get really hot?

The DT750s just were'nt as powerful with the Graupner e-props 9x5 as with the Gemfan 9047SF. And since the DT750s and the t-motos have about the same kv-rating and David uses the e-props on his deluxe tri, I was/am a bit confused why they were'nt that powerful for me with my DT750s.

The DT750's don't get hot.

I think he means the 9" props were not getting the thrust he wanted with the 750s.

exactly :)

Last edited:

FinalGlideAus

terrorizing squirrels
They are two very different styles of prop though and that can have an effect. The setup being used is "under propped" so a slow fly prop would likely work better than the Graupner prop which would be better at a higher tip speed.

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
Really? I thought slow-fly props bend more easily under load, therefore more 'flattening out', effectively reducing the pitch and thrust. So I'd expect the opposite of what the TS is experiencing... So the props are not being spun fast enough? Time for 5s :rolleyes:

Freakazoid

Hey guys,

I got some info from David.
Here is the answer to my and probably other peoples problem:
DT750′s actually spin slower that 750kv. They don’t spin fast enough for the graupner style props on 4S.