DTFB Pattern plane

I don't really care for the looks of the kaos, but I like the size of it and was thinking about giving it a try. It looks like the plans are about there so when I get the time to get some builds done this will be on the list to be built next. I will report back when I get one ready. I am getting ready for a building spree soon.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
That duelist is a pretty plane. I am going to leave that one alone. I did not mean to hijack your thread. Just figured I would try the kaos plans as it was one I had looked at earlier.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
I don't really care for the looks of the kaos, but I like the size of it and was thinking about giving it a try. It looks like the plans are about there so when I get the time to get some builds done this will be on the list to be built next. I will report back when I get one ready. I am getting ready for a building spree soon.

One of the slots on the horizontal stabilizer is off by a smidgen. If you lay a ruler across the front edge of the slots and square it with the elevator joint line, you will see that it could be moved back about 1/32" (or even less).

AK rc

Flying and Fishing
I have a pattern contest this weekend and will get the Kaos built tonight/tomorrow and will post pics and flight report as soon as I do.

planebreaker2000

I just found this thread.

Awesome.

Thanks for working up these plans. I have a few in the que to go, but this one is on the list.

craigleach

I'm interesting in building this. Are these PDFs still the most current? I'd like to make a version somewhat larger 45-48". Has anyone tried that?

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Here is the latest version that flew well. It got far enough away from the appearance of the original Kaos planes that i just started calling it Maker Foam (or DTFB) Pattern Plane.

Attachments

• Maker Foam Pattern Plane Plans.pdf
    90.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Kaos Canopy.stl
    26.3 KB · Views: 0

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Here is a version that i thought looked cleaner. It was much more squirrely than i anticipated. I used the power pod upside down for mounting the motor and keeping space open. Either version works well with a C pack radial on 4s with a 9x6 prop.

Attachments

• MFPP.pdf
    13.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    159.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20201205_161818.jpg
    20201205_161818.jpg
    10 MB · Views: 0
  • 20201205_161827.jpg
    20201205_161827.jpg
    11.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20201205_161835.jpg
    20201205_161835.jpg
    10.6 MB · Views: 0

Bentwings

Hi, you have done a couple boats. How about this
build a foam boards for two fishermen. In yhe hull is a panel that if it records a hit the panel pops off and the canoe inks or roll over. Now the senario is c guys nshore hav an rc sub. They surface like the German U boats. Through a recorder they command the fishermen abandon ship. They speak German through interpreter. If the fishermen refuse, the U boat says you will be torpedoed. In some time say 2 minutes. The U boat releases an rc torpedo nd hits the marker on the canoe and water starts pourin in. Canoe rolls overb over. Angered fishermen start yelling at rc guys standing on shore, laughing like crazy.
model torpedoes are pretty hard to make. Possibly power with co2 cartridge, maybe two. Used as jets. Driving props is very difficult even counter rotating. A few guys have done them. There are a few under water videos . Maybe have a camera in the torpedo and do FPV control. It’s important that the torpedo not rotate, so fins must be aligned. Carefully.