From the list:
  • Nacho Boat
  • B-Yacht’ch
my concoction:
  • Yacht-to-be Flyin'
  • My Other Boats Fly

Tench745

Master member
So they are the first shape-changing airfoil? Thank you all for the Detailed Sailing information. My closest experiences are with windsurfing.
They're the first shape-changing airfoil that I am aware of, yes. Hang-gliders use many of the same principles, letting the frame bend and change the sail shape as the wing panels load and unload.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
paint job done, rigging done,
to be finished; keel, ballast, electronics and rudder... oh yes and the cabin
IMG_0523.JPG
IMG_0522.JPG

the piece of foam underneath is merely a spacer to not make my mom mad, with wet paint on the floor

synjin

Elite member
Most folks seem to be using fishing weights. You can get one in the teardrop shape and trim it, or you can build one up using sinkers and an acrylic patching material. There are tutorials out there on that.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
She (Usain Boat) is finished.
she looks absolutely magnificent.
I gave it to my brother, for his 14th birthday... my mom now really wants to build one too.
honestly this boat looks absolutely magnificent, probably better than any planes i know..... (I've gone under the under side:ROFLMAO:)

things i still need to do....
Maiden Voyage.
Finish the keel, (i forgot the fin)

things i'll do differently next time:
-spray Paint the boat and not paint it with a brush...(brush was okay... but i'm after a silky smooth finish)
-Use acrylic as a base coat to fill in all the holes.
- Make slightly bigger sails..
_ put more wood under the deck for the eyelets.(they are ..okay.. but they feel just a little bit weak.)

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
She (Usain Boat) is finished.
she looks absolutely magnificent.
I gave it to my brother, for his 14th birthday... my mom now really wants to build one too.
honestly this boat looks absolutely magnificent, probably better than any planes i know..... (I've gone under the under side:ROFLMAO:)

things i still need to do....
Maiden Voyage.
Finish the keel, (i forgot the fin)

things i'll do differently next time:
-spray Paint the boat and not paint it with a brush...(brush was okay... but i'm after a silky smooth finish)
-Use acrylic as a base coat to fill in all the holes.
- Make slightly bigger sails..
_ put more wood under the deck for the eyelets.(they are ..okay.. but they feel just a little bit weak.)

As Promised

IMG_0617.JPG

Absolutely magnificent:love::love:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Looks good! What did you do for the fin and ballast?
Are you planning on painting it?
I used 10mm steel bar... hot glued together.... and then a piece of foam for the fin....

The fin works really well for catching crocodiles..... (will post pics later)

I am not thinking of painting it, it's my brothers now, i think he wants orange sails and an orange stripe around the boat....