DTFB Thermal Glider?

James Powell

Has anyone made a DTFB thermal glider with a folding prop? Thinking about trying to make one. Not sure how the weight of the foam would affect its performance. Post pics if you've made one. Let me know how it performed.

dutchmonkey

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/foam-thermic-50x.19074/
i made this one a few years ago and it still flying today. i have out thermaled 3 meter ships with this before. you could put a folding prop on it and i was going to but after i saw how good it flew with a regular prop i never changed it. i am working on a new plan that should be easier to follow.

Attachments

• 99304_497c3ab957c3f8eea490edd5e18dda2f.jpg
    99304_497c3ab957c3f8eea490edd5e18dda2f.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

bracesport

Legendary member
@James Powell - I have been mostly using folding props on my DTFB builds and they work well at the park - funny story, recently I made a walk of shame to retrieve my spitfire from the 50m slope I was flying off of, so next time I hooked up the folding prop to my 1.5m sailplane with the idea that it would be there for emergencies - what happened was the prop started spinning and acted as a brake (well it was blowing 40kph)!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
@James Powell - I have been mostly using folding props on my DTFB builds and they work well at the park - funny story, recently I made a walk of shame to retrieve my spitfire from the 50m slope I was flying off of, so next time I hooked up the folding prop to my 1.5m sailplane with the idea that it would be there for emergencies - what happened was the prop started spinning and acted as a brake (well it was blowing 40kph)!
Haha - that’s funny!