Dual receivers/Redundant receiver setup for range testing.

advation

Hello all,

This might be a dumb question but I ask about the possibility of running a dual or redundant receiver setup in a single aircraft to do some practical range tests with various receivers (specifically OrangeRx receivers... just haven't had the best of luck with them).

Is it possible to setup dual receivers of different makes and models connected to a single aircraft. What I would like to accomplish is using 2 pilots. One pilot flying the aircraft with the receiver to be tested and the second redundant pilot connected to the aircraft via the tested receiver.

I've thought about possibly using an Arduino to monitor and manage the receivers and to even auto level the aircraft in the event of single loss or brown out on the receiver.

Does anyone have an insight on something like this?

Thanks!

advation

Not a bad find! I may have to give this a try. Does anyone have any experience with this? If so, I would be curious to know if the Wireless Buddy Box System requires a manual switch to be made before moving over to the second Tx/Rx setup.

Again good find! Thanks!

aiidanwings

I have one. It requires a switch on the 'master' tx. So far, depending on reflexes, it has served very well.