Dualcopter kk2.1.5 right servo not working

Sivan

Hi I've been facing this issue for a while and nothing seems to work.

This is my second shot at making a Dualcopter. My first try failed but everything worked the way it should. This time around, the right servo alone doesn't work. I checked if it is connected properly and it sure is, and when I power it up, it holds it positing properly. But when I arm the kk2.1.5 board and try to test everything, the right servo alone doesn't respond. Can someone help me with this????

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
- does the servo work with a servo tester?
- does the servo work if you swap which connector is is connected to with the other servo? (does the issue stay with the servo or connector)
- have you verified your config is sending changes to that servo?

Sivan

- does the servo work with a servo tester?
- does the servo work if you swap which connector is is connected to with the other servo? (does the issue stay with the servo or connector)
- have you verified your config is sending changes to that servo?

-Yes the servo works with a servo tester! Its brand new too
-I just swapped the connectors, and it seems like the servo isnt the issue, but the connector is (Channel4). i verified all the solder joints so there isnt a mechanical issue in the board.
-by config I believe you mean the motor layout, and yes it sends changes only when I push the pitch stick to extreme positions. and even then that particular servo moves as if it is controlled by a switch i.e. no smooth transition.

I also tried varying the right servo motors channel alone to different connectors using the mixer editor too (Channel 5 - 7) but that didnt solve the issue whatsoever :(

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
-Yes the servo works with a servo tester! Its brand new too
-I just swapped the connectors, and it seems like the servo isnt the issue, but the connector is (Channel4). i verified all the solder joints so there isnt a mechanical issue in the board.
-by config I believe you mean the motor layout, and yes it sends changes only when I push the pitch stick to extreme positions. and even then that particular servo moves as if it is controlled by a switch i.e. no smooth transition.

I also tried varying the right servo motors channel alone to different connectors using the mixer editor too (Channel 5 - 7) but that didnt solve the issue whatsoever :(

I am not up to speed on the KK 2 stuff but I have seen videos about setting one up and remember talk about a thing called stick scaling. Seems to me what you describe as the stick acting as a switch would means stick scaling for that particular channel is possibly set to high.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the kk2 the predecessor of the naze 32? From the start of fpv?

It was one of the first manufactured flight controllers people did not have to code themselves. Its just a pid controller with onboard programming capability and a small video display to see parameters. Its not as far as I know anything like multi wii base that the NAZE and forward are based on. But yes its a predecessor to the NAZE

L Edge

Master member
On the channel 4 KK2 board, is the data line reversed or the connector covering only 2 pins rather than three?
Only other thought is inside the 4 programming, did it get changed from servo to motor?