Dumod Infinite II

Tench745

Master member
Felt the urge to poke at this project again a little today. Stuck a pair of 2s batteries in and taxied around the road for a few minutes. It pulls slightly to the left at lower speeds, but once I get a little ground speed the differential thrust gives reasonable steering even with the free-castering nose wheel.
With two 2s 2000mah batteries and all the doodads accounted for, flying weight comes in at ~54oz which is at the high side of my intended range.

Because I like sharing numbers, here's where the Dumod sits:
Wing area: 346.5 in2
Flying weight: 54oz
Wing loading: 22.4oz/ ft2
Wing Cube load: 14.5 (sport scale or warbird characteristics)
Estimated stall speed: 23-24MPH
CG: Between 4 3/8" and 4 3/4" from leading edge at fuselage.

Motors: Turnigy 2826 1100kV
Props: APC E 7x6 2-blade (7x5 3-blades would probably be better, but they are not easy to find.)
Battery: 2 2S 2000mah 25c batteries in series for 4S

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I removed the kill switch I had wired in previously. It was a cheap switch and would cut out intermittently in bench testing. I opted to permanently mount a female XT-60 connector in the bottom of the wing. This connector is wired into the positive battery lead between the battery and the ESCs. Now I have a male XT-60 wired as a jumper which plugs into that female XT-60 in the wing and connects the positive lead, powering the whole plane. Unlike the old switch, it's rated for full battery current, can't accidentally get bumped off, and it is very easy to tell when the safety plug is there or not.

I'm getting paint on the ailerons tonight, so the next steps are: hinging the ailerons, installing control horns, installing aileron linkages, and setting control throws.
When those things are done, the Dumod will be ready to fly. It's just a matter of getting myself ready to fly it.

Last edited:

Piotrsko

Master member
Props turn the same direction? The left turn is characteristic of P torque on take off from a dead stop. Had to start at a 45 to the runway when I flew my full size Pacer on performance take off.

Tench745

Master member
Props turn the same direction? The left turn is characteristic of P torque on take off from a dead stop. Had to start at a 45 to the runway when I flew my full size Pacer on performance take off.
Yep, props turning the same direction, just like the real thing. I thought about doing counter-rotating, but that limited prop selection, so I
opted not to.