DutchRC

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I had gone through and moved a small volume of his reviews a couple weeks ago. Oviously this one from March didn't get moved. I don't know why.

Fred, would you also message us if/when he responds so we know what to expect and how to react from here on?

—Jim

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I would prefer a message, posted here, below this post, in this forum, and in English.
—Gracias:black_eyed:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Dutch-RC

Has anyone sent him a formal warning about posting outside the sponsored review area yet?

Caught him doing it again this morning, posting a banggood quad rrview he got in a campaign (doesn't mention he got it for free or paid for it, and hid the link behind a link shorter). Looks like he was taking measures to make it look like this was an unsponsered review. Other than this kind of behavior, the reviews are fairly well done, but this isn't his forum to fleece. Moved it to shameless self promotion, again.

If no one has warned him, we should do so. I'm tired of moving his threads. If someone has . . . I expect putting a wrench in his next campaign or two may convince him to put his toys where they belong.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I know we spoke about it, but not sure if he's been formally warned.

I've cleared my sent PMs from that period, so if I did, I don't have a record.

So, yeah, draft it up, ad we can make it official.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
FYI, the below was sent to dutchrc:

DutchRC,

We've seen you post reviews several times in the general forum area that appear to be sponsored reviews (review paid for, item provided for free to review, or reimbursement through a marketing campaign, affiliate or sponsored links).

While your reviews are well done, informative and generally entertaining, if the review is sponsored in any way it belongs in the Sponsored reviews section.

We have moved several of your sponsored reviews to this section and we would ask that from now on you post sponsored reviews in this section. While your content is impressive for it's quality, we will reduce your access to posting your sponsored reviews to this site if you continue to post these in the general sections.

Thank you for your cooperation.

If you see a post from him with an affiliate link (you'll have to follow it, he's hiding it with a link shortener), delete and give him a temporary ban. Due to his low frequency of posts (2-3 posts a week, but only in one new review thread a week), I say give him a month off. Normally a week or two is enough, but anything shorter than a month wouldn't affect him.