DX5e

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Hi guys!

I'm building a tricopter soon, and I don't like the idea of pulling out my 72MHz receiver out with the long antenna and everything...

So I've heard sometimes you got an extra DX5e lying around from a RTF plane, and I'd like to get one used, but in working condition.

Please PM me if you have an offer.

I'm willing to pay (cheap) shipping to Ecuador / South America if it's not too much.

Payment through PayPal.

Thanks!

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
The DX5e is an okay radio for basic stuff, but it would probably pay off for you to upgrade right away to a DX6i. It's ten times the radio for not much more money. For that matter, the 9x would better suit you and for less money. Either way the extra programming would probably save you a crash or two and pay for itself.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
The DX5e is an okay radio for basic stuff, but it would probably pay off for you to upgrade right away to a DX6i. It's ten times the radio for not much more money. For that matter, the 9x would better suit you and for less money. Either way the extra programming would probably save you a crash or two and pay for itself.

Yeah, I was just thinking something cheap and simple... But you're right,

I'm also looking for a Turnigy 9X , but they are hard to come across these days.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Agreed- The DX5e had some quality issues in my opinion. I lost one plane as a direct result of a bad dx5. If you wanna go Spektrum go with the Dx6i, around here you can generally find them used for a little over a hundred bucks, with the Orange receivers it really makes it a cost effective deal.

Bang for the buck the 9x probably wins. Especially if you do the firmware reflash.

The Dx6i and the 9x either one will give you the expandability and the programming features that will let you grow your fleet and your skills and you won't need to buy another new radio for a while :)

They've gone back up in price I noticed (still cheap though). I got a second one last year for my son for only $40 but they're now $56. Amazing what they can do for that price.

fred0000

your best bet will be to backorder a 9x, I had to I didn't backorder one for months and it would come into stock while I was asleep and be sold out by morning.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
You could always get the new Spektrum DX18t

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM18000

SPM18000.jpg

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Yeah, I'm only wondering if it will get back in stock now. I get the emails but they don't get stocked, they get shipped. I wonder how many are backordered and how many get in at a time. And for the price of that DX18, does it make it impossible to crash?

fred0000

thats the mode 1 radio, the mode 2 is currently out of stock, if you want it just back order it with other items you are not in a rush to get.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
It takes about five minutes to switch the mode 1 to a mode 2. That's what I ended up doing since the mode 2 was always out of stock.

Páll Ágúst

I agree to Ak Flyer, why not just sell the 72 MHz radio and get a new 2,4 GHz. Spektrum DX6i or even go to the new DX7s.
I did the same last year (but my Futaba burned) and went all the way to a DX8 but thats maybe no longer in the "cheap" category :p

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Well, I'll have to look at the Turnigy Mode 1. Right now it's out of stock. Too bad they went up in price. It sums up to around $80 shipped.