Help! DX6 Confusion Flap Settings

LeeBee71

Being a newbie to this Forum, I'm not sure if I should be even posting in this place. But anyway, my question is about the ideal way in which to set up three stage flaps on my DX6. If I go to the particular aircraft I'm binding to and then go to the Function List, down to Flap System, I can see where I can dial up settings for Pos 0, 1 and 2. I'm using switch D on the transmitter. Now at a different level of access, if I hold the scroller down whilst starting the transmitter, I can go into the settings for the same aircraft and scroll down to Digital Switch Set Up - go to switch D (which is already shown as being allocated to flaps, and it looks like I can put in separate settings to the ones described before in this post. So how do these two different systems relate to each other? I'd also have to say that on the RC plane itself, I can't seem to get enough deflection on the full flaps selection that I would like.

Thanks for any assistance offered, both with the problem I've posted AND how I may have better used this forum.

LeeBee71

Here is a good tutorial on how to set up flaps his set up is Y cable for flaps with the servos set properly so both travel the same direction. The set up would be the same with minor changes to choosing wing type depending on servo setup.

https://www.selectdigitals.com/articles/flaps.html

Hey thanks for this. I'm still wondering about the fact that when I go into System Set Up > Digital Switch Set Up and go to my allocated switch for flaps (D) I also get Pos 0, 1 and 2 options. Do I just ignore these?

Bricks

Master member
I do not have my transmitter handy is switch D a 3 position switch if so then that is why. You can use any switch that you choose for flaps or anything else.

LeeBee71

I do not have my transmitter handy is switch D a 3 position switch if so then that is why. You can use any switch that you choose for flaps or anything else.

Hey Bricks - thanks for your reply. Yes I know that you can choose any switch you want and switch D (which I use for flaps), on the DX6 has three positions, but in the actual system settings when you're setting up a new model, there is a Digital Switch Set Up where you can also set up % settings for each of the three settings - EXCEPT in each of these positions you can go beyond 100%, whereas once you have set up your model and you go into Flap Settings, you can set up each position up to 100%. My confusion lies in the relationship between the two sets of settings PLUS I'd like to get more flap in the "full flap" position.

Bricks

Master member
Try going into D/R Expo go into servo travel and increase servo travel to 150%, or as far as the servo will go with out bindng. If that does not give you enough travel then you need to change it mechanically.