DX6 + Timber (disabling SAFE)

Heinrich

Teaching my son
Hi,

I'm new to forums so forgive me if I'm doing something wrong. :-/

I have a DX6 transmitter that I purchased 2nd hand and 1.5m Timber. I have control of the flaps and the plane flies great but I have not been able to use a switch to disable the SAFE feature. I followed the instruction in the Timber manual (hold both sticks down and center while flipping the desired switch 5 times) but this does not work. Does anybody have a suggestion on what to do? Do I need to identify a switch in the transmitter so that it transmits that switch position?

thanks in advance,
Matias

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Heinrich,

I just looked over the instructions, and they say to hold the sticks to the bottom outside corners (on the left stick, this would be approx. the 8 o'clock position, and approx. the 4 o'clock position on the right stick) and then flip the Channel 5 switch (which, according to the basic settings, is the Gear1, SAFE/AS3X switch).

Maybe they've updated the manual since you bought the plane, to make it a little clearer? Not sure....

TazRC

Obsession, not hobby
Hi,

I'm new to forums so forgive me if I'm doing something wrong. :-/

I have a DX6 transmitter that I purchased 2nd hand and 1.5m Timber. I have control of the flaps and the plane flies great but I have not been able to use a switch to disable the SAFE feature. I followed the instruction in the Timber manual (hold both sticks down and center while flipping the desired switch 5 times) but this does not work. Does anybody have a suggestion on what to do? Do I need to identify a switch in the transmitter so that it transmits that switch position?

thanks in advance,
Matias

See if this helps: SAFE Select Bind Process Video. The video is with a DX6.

Heinrich

Teaching my son
Okay, got it to work.

I had to set channel 5 to 'GEAR' and then activate by pushing both Tx sticks down and to the center followed by 5x cycles of the switch. The difference was switching channel 5 to 'GEAR'.

Thanks everybody.

> IMG_20171014_160804.jpg

Wingman04

Set the switch you want to use as the GEAR channel. Then hold both sticks to the bottom inside corners and cycle the switch five times. To tell if it worked, when you flip the switch, the elevator will change its angle. Also, hold the plane in a banking attitude. When SAFE is active, the plane will want to counteract. With SAFE off, it won't have a care in the world. Hope that helps!