DX6e Power button issues

jmercmon

Any one have issues with the DX6e power button?

This morning unit would not power off, hold button in and it looks to power down but screen goes blank and backlight stays on, it also chirps a little bit. Had to pull battery to get it off. Now it powers up when I reinstall the battery but it seems to not always power completely up and requires pulling the battery again to get it going. Everything else seems to operate correctly. Controller is about 10 days old!

I sent an email to Spektrum Support but that feels like it might take weeks to get resolved, what has any ones experience been with Support?

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
For sure sounds like a QC issue if it is only a few days old. Spektrum should take care of you. I wouldn't dig into it myself for fear of voiding the warranty.

Unfortunately (fortunately) I haven't had to deal with their support.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
If it is just a few days old then Spektrum should fix it under warranty. I got my DX8 fixed for free, just needed to pay shipping to send it to them.

jmercmon

Well, I put it down over night and picked it up the next morning popped the batteries back in and it’s working fine now. Not had an issue sense. I turned it on and off a dozen times just to see if I could break it.

Maybe the sun got to me or the hot glue fumes. All I know is it works fine now.

skymaster

Elite member
I guess I'm not the only one with this problem. somehow the power button is not working, so i got in contact with Horizon hobby and to get it fix its 40$ an hour or if it's something simple 20 bucks. so, since this is a hobby i have decided to do the surgery myself. I will try and make a video so everyone can look what is inside and maybe use it as a reference for future surgery's i think the most difficult part is opening the transmitter. while trying not to unplug any cables and then not knowing where they go but i guess that it's all about trial and error. I am thinking. that the problem is that since the radio has been sitting it has collencted some gunk and it just needs some cleaning. cause i remove the battery's for a while and put them back and the radio powers up and to power down i have to remove one of the battery's. so im going to clean it myself.

Bricks

Master member
I have had great experience with Horizon customer service, I have sent a couple of DX9`s that I bought used that were not working properly the only charge I have expeienced is shipping.