dx6i mixing question

jsteele

I recently tried to mix me throttle with my elevator with my spectrum dx6i (the old one) on my GWS slow stick so it would not pitch up so much when I punch the throttle. I got the mix to work but my throws were so minimized that it is unflyable, if anybody could help me out I would really appreciate it, thanks.
IMG_3163.JPG

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I had a similar problem with my dx6i when I tried to do elevons... My solution? Use my dx6e! I’m not sure why it minimizes the throws so much, but I hope you are able to figure something out!

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Are your elevator Dual Rates set to different levels depending on the switch position? You are using the ELE D/R switch to turn on the mix so you need to make sure that when you throw the switch the elevator rates don't change.

EDIT: Just tried your mix on one of my models and it worked fine, didn't lose any throw on the elevator because I have the rates set at 100% regardless of the switch position. Might be simpler to assign the mix to a different switch (like the gear switch).

Last edited:

jsteele

Ya that was actually my problem is that is was not on the gear switch but once i did that it worked fine.