DX6i question on setting thro's

Liemavick

Mentor
I saw Josh B mention in one of the videos that it was a good idea to lower the thro's for guys just learning. I found the settings on my Tx and backed them off to 70% and didnt notice a difference in travel. Both the rudder and elevator moved the same amount. So I backed them down to 50% and the same result. Am I missing something in the translation or is there something more I need to do for the electronics to learn the settings.

Thanks for your time,
Brian

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
If it the Dual Rate you are talking about?
When you flip the D/R Switch the throws will get to the programmed value.

If you need the lower rates all the time - do it on the pushrods - move them to the inner hole on the servo arm.

Bolvon72

Mentor
On the DX6I on the D/R Expo screen you have each control surface with 2 parameters beside it, if you are leaving the first at 100% and changing the second one you are changing expo, not throw.

With the screen up switch the elevator switch, the number beside the elevator parameter should change 0 to 1 or vice versa. Change your throws here, decide which direction you want the switch to indicate low rates and put it in that position. Reduce the percentage then, holding the elevator stick full back you can switch your rates and see the difference in movement for low and hi.

Do this for each control.

The second parameter is expo, increase this percentage to soften your sticks. If you find your plane is too twitchy add to this to smooth it out.

Last edited:

Liemavick

Mentor
Thank you again Gents! Sounds like I was in the right neighborhood, just at the wrong address. :) I'll give it a shot this evening, stuck at work at the moment.

Brian