Solved DXe Transmitter not turning on after update.

Donorak

Got into changing profiles on my DXe Transmitter and realized it was running v1.3 so I updated to v1.6.
After doing so and changing a profile around to work on my inductrix blade micro done the transmitter will no longer power on.
Attempting to update it again gets the light on the front to go solid and flash twice then repeats that pattern until I close the "The device was successfully updated." window. That causes the light to shut off and the problem remains.

Edit: When connected to a computer it shows v1.6 but when connected to the app on the phone it shows v0.0
I am assuming it lost what firmware it was supposed to be how can I fix that?

Last edited:

FDS

Elite member
Contact Horizon CS. They have a great fix and return service in the USA if you are there.
There are a few posts that suggest the 1,6 update was not compatible with the PC programmer and that it only works with the Android app via phone?
Post here, as an example. Massive post on RC groups.

Last edited:

Donorak

Contacted specktrum themselves but I have been waiting since yesterday for a response back. To be honest with some of the other things I have found I'm tempted to go buy a DX6 so I can do programming straight from the controller.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
If you can re install the firmware by Android that might fix it. There’s lots of $100 or less options that are DSMX or DSM2 compatible that are not Spektrum. That’s obviously no good if you are relying on buddy box with another Spektrum user, but otherwise DSMX is only a protocol.

Arcfyre

Elite member
Get a DX8e. You won't regret it. I started with a DXe as well and still have it so I can buddy box, but it would annoy me to no end if it were my only transmitter.

Donorak

If you can re install the firmware by Android that might fix it. There’s lots of $100 or less options that are DSMX or DSM2 compatible that are not Spektrum. That’s obviously no good if you are relying on buddy box with another Spektrum user, but otherwise DSMX is only a protocol.
How would I go about reinstalling from the Android device I see no option to do that inside the application

FDS

Elite member
No idea. There might be more about that on the long thread I linked. I don’t have this TX but if you can cut down the problem from “it’s bricked” to “how do I install on Android” then an answer might be easier to get?
It seemed like people with that problem hadn’t had much success with a direct response from HH or from other users tho.
Hope you get a fix, having to buy another TX would suck.

Donorak

Yup figured that would be the case. Gonna send it to them see what can be done and will get a better transmitter

FDS

Elite member
Don’t forget second hand as a source for TX’s. Local club sales, people leaving the hobby, estate sales etc.

Bricks

Master member
Yup figured that would be the case. Gonna send it to them see what can be done and will get a better transmitter

Is the Dxe even worth sending in to have it fixed as I have seen used ones go for$25-$35 if they even get sold and if they do it is usually someone wanting to use it for a sim.

Donorak

Is the Dxe even worth sending in to have it fixed as I have seen used ones go for$25-$35 if they even get sold and if they do it is usually someone wanting to use it for a sim.
Well for them it's not worth it getting sent in so they are just sending me a new transmitter. Just got an email saying the processed the order for a new one

FDS

Elite member
That’s a good result. People do speak highly of the Spektrum customer service, the technical advice side on the DXE seems to still be a bit lacking.

Donorak

That’s a good result. People do speak highly of the Spektrum customer service, the technical advice side on the DXE seems to still be a bit lacking.
Unfortunately that seems to be the case I tried all my troubleshooting knowledge on the thing even taking it apart and checking for any physical faults that could have caused it and found nothing. So it just up and lost its firmware somehow and without the software to flash firmware to the device its pretty much a brick. But I have spare joysticks and buttons now.

FDS

Elite member
You could tear it down to the case then custom paint that. Put second hand internals in. Hydrodip works well on cases. That’s how they do the carbon Taranis.