Help! DXF in paid plans?

eadipus

I've had a year off flying after having a crappy time with a Nano Talon (too small, too fast and too lively for me to fly LOS) and the FT Tutor looks to be exactly what I want to get back into flying.
I'm in the UK (kit availability is bad) and have a load of foamboard taking up room so would like to buy the plans.
I've had a quick look at the build videos and it seems that there is some plywood involved and I have access to a laser cutter and a router through my local makerspace and was wondering if the DXF files for the plywood are included or if there is a good way of converting them from the PDF? The foam will be cut by hand as I think the sheets are too big to fit in the cutter .

tamuct01

The short answer is "no, there won't be any DXF files available." The long answer is that for many of the plywood parts, there are 3D printed versions available on Thingiverse. I've also seen some DXF files there for various plywood parts for FT models. Also, you could buy the plans/kit, and redraw the plywood parts by measuring the pieces and then making your own.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I've had a year off flying after having a crappy time with a Nano Talon (too small, too fast and too lively for me to fly LOS) and the FT Tutor looks to be exactly what I want to get back into flying.
I'm in the UK (kit availability is bad) and have a load of foamboard taking up room so would like to buy the plans.
I've had a quick look at the build videos and it seems that there is some plywood involved and I have access to a laser cutter and a router through my local makerspace and was wondering if the DXF files for the plywood are included or if there is a good way of converting them from the PDF? The foam will be cut by hand as I think the sheets are too big to fit in the cutter .
DXF files will not be provided. Nor will vector based PDF files.