Dynam 1200mm Spitfire

jd7792

Happy Birthday L/M! Can you post some pics of your Spitfire? I just can't help myself, I love that plane....each and every one!

Last edited:

jd7792

Ahh, it's been WAY too long!

Video is pretty crappy, good help is hard to find :eek: So is my landing for that matter, but I'll blame all the tire tracks for that! :)

Looks real nice in the air, but more impressive was the sound! Thought that was real sweet.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Thanks jd. My birthday was back in mid-March. That's how slack I've been with maidening!

I saw a Parkzone spitty fly the other day. It's a little smaller than the Dynam, has slightly prettier plastics and an identical paint job.

Last edited:

Mike Worby

Curses!
I think the Luftwaffe win this round... :mad:

IMG_1215.JPG

Not a good day at the field!

But at least I got a couple of flights in first.

Landings where a bit...hard... :)

Last edited:

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I've flown this a couple of times now, and it's quite nice in the air. Once you get the gear up, that is! I haven't stuck 4s in there yet, but I think it'd be a little overpowered. Besides, I think I may have bent the shaft slightly on my last landing... It's hard to tell which grass is OK and which is not at the field I flew at; some is spongy and green, some is (at the moment) brown and tufty, and some is green and smooth. I found some of the spongy stuff, and the plane stopped quite quickly (tipped onto its nose in spite of the flaps and flare). Should have landed gear up...

This is a wonderful looking Spitfire in the air. It's got a whistle to it as well, probably from the screw holes in the spinner. I find I don't get any more speed once I hit about 2/3 throttle, but that's OK. Unlike the MicroAces warbirds, there's been a lot of work getting this to fly nicely. It doesn't tip much at all, and doesn't even drop height in turns. Rudder is optional too. The roll rate is nice and scale. It's a little twitchier than I'm used to after flying a lot of FPV models, but it's really not bad once you get used to it.

I was well informed of the gap in the foam around the landing gear being an issue, so I filled it with hot glue and it seems to be quite strong. Other than that, I've needed very little in the way of mods and the build is literally about 10 minutes. It'll take you longer to program the sucker into your radio! For ~$120 bucks in the Australian Hobbyking warehouse, you won't get a better value warbird ANYWHERE.

alansarmy

flight problems

E] I have just got this plane the dynamic 1200mm spite fire every time I try to take off it always told ova