Dynam Cirrus SR-22- Free to Good Home (DFW area)

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Hi guys, I need to clear out some space, so I decided that I would give away my beloved Dynam Cirrus SR-22. The plane has been custom painted and has been modded to have a scale interior. Flaps were also added with pre-slowed servos, and the nose gear steering block has been custom machined out of aluminum. Power plant is Turnigy SK3 1050kv motor driving a 3 blade master airscrew prop with a 35A ESC. It is a great flier if you fly it scale, and really looks like the real thing when it's in the air. Runs on your standard 3S 2200mah battery. It will require your own 5 ch receiver of choice.

One other important thing of note, is that this plane was given to me by a club member and it helped me get in the air. In the spirit of that, I want to pay it forward to another beginner flyer. That said, it is not a "beginner" airplane, maybe low side of intermediate. It can have a nasty stall, but it is no problem if you are careful. If you are interested, we can meet and I'll walk you through setup and your first flight on it. I really care about this plane, so I want to make sure you can enjoy it as much as I have.

As for any inquiries about shipping, I'd love to, but it has a one-piece 55" wing. It's just not affordable to do so, and would be very susceptible to damage.
image (1).jpg IMG_0324.jpg IMG_0325.jpg IMG_0328.jpg IMG_0329.jpg thumb-IMG_0327.jpg

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Just trying to give the same chance to someone else that was given to me. And, I think that someone here is a lot more likely to enjoy it far more than listing it on RCgroups and getting pennies on the dollar for it. It was my first nice ARF, and I put many hours of work into it, so I want to see some else get the same enjoyment out of it.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Are you still looking to donate this plane? It could find a good home at UTA's AeroMavs club, helping train several students at once.
Maybe, but I also don't want to give you the wrong plane for the job. This is not a primary trainer, but it's a good 3rd plane or so, after you've mastered a 4 channel airplane. I've used it for buddy-boxing students before, but its not really forgiving enough for that sort of work. It can have a nasty stall, and it requires some good power management on landing especially with the flaps. However, flown smooth and scale, with coordinated turns it is an excellent flying model. I would really suggest a trainer-type plane (like the Tiny Trainer) for that kind of work. That said, I've actually worked with the team before. I helped out in the construction of a captive carry vehicle to test out the rocket-launched glider.

Can you bring it to FL?
That's a bit out of my normal commuting range, but if you charter a plane for me I'm happy to oblige :D.

Oh! Were you Mister Paul? I've gotten to see your work. it looks great. True I guess the plane is no good for beginners. I was actually gonna be building several FT Storks for the fixed wing division to train some flight newbies. This plane could be helpful later on though to train the recruits in more advanced flying.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Oh! Were you Mister Paul? I've gotten to see your work. it looks great. True I guess the plane is no good for beginners. I was actually gonna be building several FT Storks for the fixed wing division to train some flight newbies. This plane could be helpful later on though to train the recruits in more advanced flying.
No, my name is Michael. I met Ian at an AIAA/SFTE event, and am going to be working with you guys to get a student membership so guys can train at the Golden Triangle field. He also told me about the rocket-deployed glider project, and mentioned that they hadn't actually test flown it from high altitude yet. So, I worked with him, Michael, and the rest of the team to build a foamboard twin engine plane to carry it to altitude and release it. Unfortunately, the glider was just too heavy, and both planes ended up in a tree, but we were able to get them down fine. Still recovering from the poison ivy though.. Anyway, if you are interested in it as an advanced trainer, I might be able to walk you through how it flies, and see if it meets your needs. One other thing to note is that it does not like wind. The long wing flexes a bit in wind and can diminish your aileron authority a bit.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
That's just repeat of your previous post.. Not sure what you mean here..

Sorry about that repeat earlier, that was mistake :p. Thank you Mr. Michael for your offer. I am going to message the team on whether they would like to have the Cirrus join the fleet, and we could then set up a time to meet (most likely at the club) to run up the model and set it up.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Sorry about that repeat earlier, that was mistake :p. Thank you Mr. Michael for your offer. I am going to message the team on whether they would like to have the Cirrus join the fleet, and we could then set up a time to meet (most likely at the club) to run up the model and set it up.
Sounds good. Let me know what they decide. Also, just call me Michael. I'm 23, no need to be calling me Mr.:)

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Oh boy. I really wish I could add a cirrus to the hangar. Once again, your building skills amaze me. That's the nicest looking version of that particular airplane I've ever seen.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Oh boy. I really wish I could add a cirrus to the hangar. Once again, your building skills amaze me. That's the nicest looking version of that particular airplane I've ever seen.
Thanks man! I was pretty happy with how it turned out but I just can't justify storing a plane that I don't fly. Wish I had more space.. Gotta make room for the new projects!