DYS mini ESC's?

Longbaorder23

Hey guys,
Anyone tried out the new (i think theyre relatively new) DYS BLHeli Opto ESC's? sometimes it seems theyre listed as "sn30a" or "sn20a". the ones with the simple white label? it seems i cant find any reviews on them, but there are a few videos of users using them with success. To be clear, its these ones:

ESC thing lol.jpg

I ordered 4 of the 30A version (as shown) for my mini blackout, after frying some old ESC's i had around and had been using, i figured an upgrade would be good. Theyre pretty dang small, and come with BLHeli 13.1, i bought mine on RMRC:

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=379_382&products_id=4123

Thoughts? too late ive already purchased them, and it would suck if theyre garbage, but i havent come across anything saying that they are bad, so at 15 a piece, i figured why not. any other experiences with these or the other amp rated ones? Thanks!

Longbaorder23

How do they get away without a big heat sink like all the rest?

i heard that since there is no BEC in there, as you can see the wires coming out are only signal and ground on there, so heat was saved by not having that in there ive heard. Other than that, i have no idea haha. i guess it helps on quads and such (as theyre designed for) that its likely theyll be sitting right under prop wash or nearby it at least. Does anyone know the programmer hardware and software id need to program or adjust things within these ESC's? I bought the ones with BLHeli as i said, and i dont know about changing to simonk or something, but just to change little things? Thanks!

helinor

Those marked "SN" comes with SimonK fw. The BlHeli are marked "BL". I have some SN20A ones that will go on my Totem Q330/370 build...when I get the time:cool:

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
How do they get away without a big heat sink like all the rest?

Not sure about how (Longboarder's thoughts about BECs makes sense though), but I don't think any of the new ESCs in this size come with heat sinks.

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
Not sure about how (Longboarder's thoughts about BECs makes sense though), but I don't think any of the new ESCs in this size come with heat sinks.

Makes sense.

I like the smaller size. Now, how do we get rid of all our BEC's and replace them with a single unit with one heat sink?