bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
You mean the blind nuts?

gpmq3324.jpg

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
probably not any better than lock nuts..just makes the screw easier to screw in and out without having to hold a pair of pliers and a screw driver...I just use some loctite on the screws and have never had a problem.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I hate aligning and epoxying the tail. I have a Great Planes Escapade and the tail was a no-glue affair, it had two long screws connected to it already and it simple slid into pre drilled holes in the rear of the fuse and was secured into place with wing nut type things.

Great Planes Escapade...easy:

lgpma3252.jpg

Advance 25e...not so easy

4f03a7e3.jpg

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Tail problems aside BM....thats starting to look like a cool flyer cant wait to see it fly

Yes it does!

I also hate glueing the tail on as I always have that fear of messing it up and not be straight aligned with the wings but that seems to be an easy job

ananas1301

Tail problems aside BM....thats starting to look like a cool flyer cant wait to see it fly

Yes it does!

I also hate glueing the tail on as I always have that fear of messing it up and not be straight aligned with the wings but that seems to be an easy job

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
The plane is looking great! hope to see it fly soon! any plans on adding a cool pilot?
-A
I thought it came with a pilot but I guess not, I can't seem to find him anywhere. I'm going to put a stuffed zombie in there instead. lol

Maybe like this guy...

Zombie-Buddy.jpg

Last edited:

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Yes it does!

Yeah, I used a couple push pins to keep it steady while I aligned it, then marked with a felt tip pen where it was. I removed part of the covering so there was wood to wood contact and then epoxied.

Here's how you align the verticle stab:

e7b99d32.jpg

ananas1301

Thats a very good method!

The problem with some planes is that the vertical stab is kinda on a back part of the fuselage so you have the two sides of the fuselage sticking out on each side so you can´t really just hold that tri onto it. But the band seems to be a further method.

ananas1301

I have that on my Parkzone Extra 300! They don´t use tubing but some kind of white rubber band. I lost one once and a good thing to do there is, have a smaller brother who still wears braces and has to use very similar rubber bands. Took a few of them into my hobby section :D

It is a small but I bet a very useful thing to do. You don´t want a control surface not controlled in mid flight!

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
yeah, since I have girls in the house I use some of these tiny rubber bands used for holding pony tails...they're about the size of braces rubber bands.

I have all the control surfaces connected now...finally!

0fd6c26e.jpg

af353229.jpg