E-Flite Advance 25e

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
advance25e.jpg

I just picked up one of these from Horizon. $99/free shipping.

And i got the rest of the stuff I need from HK.
Turnigy G25
Birdie 50a ESC
Turnigy S3317B Servo
OrangeRx R910

Maybe we'll be seeing a flitetest review if one was included in that big Horizon shipment you guys got.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
OK, starting to build the Advance 25e and it's the first time I've run across "mini" servos. Standard and micro, yeah, but not mini. :confused:

eaa165e5.jpg

yeah, it's the one in the middle. Good thing Turnigy makes one that "almost" fits, or I'd be forced to get the E-Flite recommended servo at $23/ea.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/mn48-mini-servo-JSP20040

I find it kinda dumb that the servos would cost what I paid for the plane.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Looks nice! If it also flies as good as I think it does, then you´ll have a lot of fun with it!

Keep us informed!

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Thanks for the kind words, guys. All I was able to get done tonight was to solder the connectors on the motor and ESC. I'll have to say I'm kind of disappointed that the G25 motor only came with the radial mount and the four screws to attach the radial mount to the motor, nothing else. Less expensive motors from HK include bullet connectors, screws to mount the motor to the firewall, heat shrink tube, etc. Not the Turnigy Easymatch!

I had to file the holes in the radial mount a bit to get it to line up with the holes pre-drilled into the firewall spaced for the E-Flite motors.

3875b86f.jpg

I may need to swap the screws out for shorter, we'll see.

1289ff73.jpg

Last edited:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
At least you had some screws lying around.

Most of the time when I build something goes into searching the right tools and stuff and need!